4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2015 4:58 AM by greule

Syncing from mobile devices to Lightroom on desktop does not work

herbie0815

Hi,

I'm trying it now for 3 days, but can't get the sync of photos from my mobile devices (iPhone and iPad) to Lightrom on my PC working. After creating a new collection on the mobile device, I see the collection immediately in Lightroom on my PC. Then after adding a photo to this collection on the iPhone, I also see immediately the status "Syncing 1 photo" in the upper left of Lightroom on my PC. But that's it, the photo will not appear. I reinstalled the app already on my mobile devices. I reinstalled Lightroom (CC 2015.1) already and I tried also "Edit | Preferences | Lightroom Mobile | Delete All Data". All without success. In the other direction it works, I can add a photo to a synced collection on my PC and it appears on both mobile devices.

I added another photo now on my phone. So I see the status "Syncing 2 photos" at the upper left in Lightroom on PC. Then I added a photo which is located on my PC to the same collection. Then I see "Syncing 1 photo" for maybe one minute or less. After this (after uploading the local photo to the cloud), the status changes again to "Syncing 2 photos" - very strange. And every time I quit Lightroom, it tells me that still 2 photos are syncing...

A few days ago I changed from Lightroom 6.1 to Lightroom CC. Did this maybe confuse my account? I read it here in this forum that something went wrong in the account data of another user.

I'm using Windows 8.1.

Does maybe someone have got an idea what's going wrong? The sync from mobile devices to my PC was one argument for me to upgrade from 6.1 to CC.

Many thanks in advance and best regards

Friedemann

• 1. Re: Syncing from mobile devices to Lightroom on desktop does not work
          herbie0815 Level 1

Maybe some more important information: When selecting "Help | View your synced collections on the web...", I see all mobile photos in the correct collections in the web. But still not in Lightroom...

Best regards

Friedemann

• 2. Re: Syncing from mobile devices to Lightroom on desktop does not work
            greule Adobe Employee

Could you try to remove the sync.lrdata file and restart Lr Desktop.

Removing the Sync.lrdata might fix whatever the issue is.  Or, at least, might trigger it to occur again. So remove the Sync.lrdata, start Lr Desktop, and then wait until it either syncs or gets stuck again and create at this point a Lr Desktop  diagnostic log which can hopefully provide some clues.

You can find the sync.lrdata file here:

On Mac it's at /Users/<user>/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Sync Data/Sync.lrdata

On Win it would be at C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches\Sync Data\Sync.lrdata

Please send me the LR Desktop diagnostig log  - best as a private message with a downloadable dropbox link.

You can trigger the log via LR Desktop preferences -> Lightroom Mobile and when you hold down the alt key you will notice a generate diagnostic log button

-

Guido

• 3. Re: Syncing from mobile devices to Lightroom on desktop does not work
              herbie0815 Level 1

Hi Guido,

many thanks for your answer! Honestly I totally missed it. But I did what you said as I read it already in other discussions. It didn't help. Then I uninstalled all from Adobe, also using a cleaning tool offered by Adobe. And then, after reinstallation of Lightroom CC it didn't start anymore, I always got an exception message on startup. This was about 2 weeks ago and I also didn't find a solution for this, unfortunately. So I took a weekend and reinstalled all completely, including Windows. I used the situation for upgrading to a larger system SSD drive. Now all is working perfect. But it really was very time wasting and annoying!

Best regards

Friedemann

• 4. Re: Syncing from mobile devices to Lightroom on desktop does not work
                greule Adobe Employee

Glad that it's working again. - Guido