7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2015 11:31 AM by Law@Bayview

Adobe Cloud/Adobe software PC Specifications

Law@Bayview

Looking at purchasing Adobe Cloud for one of my employees.  I know the computer they have is not fast enough to work with Adobe's software efficiently.  Can someone suggest mid to high level components that will make a good Adobe PC?  I.E. processor, ram amount, and video card!  I already have spec'd out SSD HD and probably I7 processor but would like to hear people's opinion about processor speeds, ram counts, and video cards!  The computer will be mainly used for modifying photos and a few videos.  Thank you in advance for any advice!

• 1. Re: Adobe Cloud/Adobe software PC Specifications
          Anushri Adobe Employee

Hello Lawrence,

Please refer to the given link : System requirements | Creative Cloud

Hope it helps.

Regards

Anushri Attre

• 2. Re: Adobe Cloud/Adobe software PC Specifications
            Law@Bayview Level 1

I have looked at all the specs on the Adobe site for couple of days now.  I understand the minimum requirements!  But I know from experience (with Adobe Photoshop and other software) that the minimums are not efficient.  It will run it but when it comes to rendering pics or videos, the minimums are very slow.  So I was looking for recommendations that people have regarding what to use that is obviously above the minimums but isn't $3000 dollars!  Thanks for the fast response!

• 3. Re: Adobe Cloud/Adobe software PC Specifications
              Anushri Adobe Employee

When you will go to technical specifications for any individual application on the given link it will also show you recommended specifications in () .

Example:

Photoshop CC 2015 system requirements and language versions

Windows

• Intel® Core 2 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor; 2 GHz or faster processor
              • Microsoft Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 or Windows 8.1
              • 2 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
              • 2 GB of available hard-disk space for 32-bit installation; 2.1 GB of available hard-disk space for 64-bit installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on removable flash storage devices)
              • 1024x768 display (1280x800 recommended) with 16-bit color and 512 MB of VRAM (1 GB recommended)*
              • OpenGL 2.0–capable system
              • Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services.**

Mac OS

• Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support
              • Mac OS X v10.9 (64-bit) or v10.10 (64-bit)
              • 2 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
              • 2 GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash storage devices)
              • 1024x768 display (1280x800 recommended) with 16-bit color and 512 MB of VRAM (1 GB recommended)*
              • OpenGL 2.0–capable system
              • Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, membership validation, and access to online services.**

* 3D features will be disabled with less than 512MB

• 4. Re: Adobe Cloud/Adobe software PC Specifications
                Law@Bayview Level 1

Thank you Anushri!  I have seen those specs on the site.  I have noted what the minimums are and even the couple of recommended.  I guess I was just looking for people who are running the software and any experiences they had both good or bad to help with the putting together of a machine that will be specifically used to run this software.  Like what video card worked good and what card offered very little improvement.  What processor is really good and what processor couldn't handle rendering.  Is 8GB really good enough or is 16GB what is the best for efficiency.  I could go on.  Thanks again for your input.  I will keep searching and if I can't find any information I will just make a very educated guess!

• 6. Re: Adobe Cloud/Adobe software PC Specifications
                  ECBowen Most Valuable Participant

The media and workflow decides what specs are ideal or required. However the X99 workstation platform with a 5930K or 5960X would be the ideal point for most media and workflows currently. 32GB of ram ie DDR4 if you get the X99 platform is what you want along with atleast a 970GTX card with a 980Ti or higher the optimal choice. A SSD OS drive should be considered a requirement at this point and the rest of the storage will depend on the media requirement and workflow ie size and scope of projects. Keep in mind still editing ahs far lower requirements than motion video. If Photowork can be done on a Z97 desktop system with a Quad Core 4970K and 16GB of ram. That system will handle some video work but will have more limited performance for high res codecs or complex timelines.

Eric

ADK

• 7. Re: Adobe Cloud/Adobe software PC Specifications
                    Law@Bayview Level 1

Eric...thanks a million.  This is exactly what I was looking for.  High to shoot for and mid to land level to land on.  This computer will mainly be used to edit photos for brochures, photos for a short sound/photo clip, and video editing from 30 sec to 2 minutes but not at super high resolution.  I really do appreciate the advice!