0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2006 1:31 AM by hungrymatron

Connecting Via Windows FTP Service

hungrymatron
      I recently moved several sites that used Contribute to a new webserver (Windows 2003 running IIS 6). The server uses Windows FTP Service.

To create a FTP account I created a Windows Account and then a Virtual FTP directory with the same name as the windows user and pointed that virtual directory at the root of the site I want to update with contribute. I gave the Windows account full control on the site root folder. I can FTP connect via Internet Explorer and the command line.

When connecting via contribute I get an error saying

" The directory you specified does not exist. Please make sure you entered the directory name correctly. On some servers, file/directory names are case sensitive"

Contribute seems to be trying to change directory to a folder with the same name as the FTP virtual directory, rather than to the folder that the virtual directory points at.

here's the error log from contribute

########################################################################################## ######

Date: 11/27/2006
      LocalTime: 14:07
      Host: 80.76.207.49
      Port:
      LoginID: myFTPUserName
      Path: /myFTPUserName/
      Passive Enabled: false
      ProxyHost: NoneContribute Alternate Rename: no
      Contribute Optimized: yes
      ======================== Test Results ==========================

NOTE: Microsoft FTP Service has been detected. For more information on FTP server compatibility issues, please see
      http://www.macromedia.com/support/contribute/ts/documents/ftp_info.htm
      Login: SUCCESS!
      Changing Directory To: /myFTPUserName/ Error. The directory you specified does not exist. Please make sure you entered the directory name correctly. On some servers, file/directory names are case sensitive.
      ----------------------- FTP log from the last operation ----------------------
      > CWD /ftp
      < 550 /ftp: The system cannot find the file specified.
      > CWD /ftp/
      < 550 /ftp: The system cannot find the file specified.
      > CWD /
      < 250 CWD command successful.
      > RNFR ftp
      < 550 ftp: The system cannot find the file specified.
      > MDTM ftp
      < 550 ftp: The system cannot find the file specified.
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

########################################################################################## ######