• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App stuck "installing update"

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have been using the Adobe CC software for months now with zero issues and still am paying for my subscription.

However, since yesterday the desktop creative cloud app has been stuck at 0% while it has been "installing update..."

The computer has been left on so there would be no interruptions and it would [hopefully] finish with no errors...it is still stuck at 0%.

Any thoughts, suggestions would be welcomed!

-Jonathan

Adobe_Creative_Cloud_Update_Screenshot.jpg

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

We certainly understand your situation, the feedback has already been shared with concerned team.

Here is what you can try.

1. Rename OOBE folder to OOBE_old from the below mentioned location and try to install the latest version.

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

2.Rename Adobe Creative Cloud from : C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe

3.  Install Creative Cloud app- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/install-apps.html

Please let us know if this helps. We truly appreciate your cooperation

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the solution? i have never, even once (!!!!) managed to update my CC via the CC desktop manager, and by searching google, there are so many of YOUR CUSTOMERS who got frustrated with your desktop app.

when will you fix it?!

09-07-2015 09-08-16.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FrancoGuy,

Kindly try the steps mentioned in my previous post, hopefully you would be able to install latest version of Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Atul,

I can't remove my adobe CC app every other day.

There are 2-3 updates a week, and every time i need to uninstall-download-install. Do you think it's a valid way to work? I do not.

Some pepole, including me, are working (and not playing for fun) with your progrems and i can't waste all my time with the CC desktop app.

I'm sorry, this is not a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue also AND I have been through this update hang - uninstall - reinstall "solution" 4 times in the last 3 months.

The last time (June 15, not even 1 month ago) I was instructed to uninstall/reinstall, it still didn't work. It took 3 different customer service chats and finally a supervisor to resolve the problem by going through several hidden folders to delete OCBs, caches and other items from the C drive and then another reinstall.

Which I then needed to reinstall every graphics app and all their preferences. Nothing like wasting 2 days to resolve a problem when on a deadline!

I am using Creative Cloud at work for business purposes. I cannot have this constant, recurring issue when I have deadlines!

Adobe should stop making updates to the CC until they have fixed the bugs with updating!

Yesterday, Creative Cloud app wants to upgrade yet again and is hanging at... blank! I'm not even getting a 0%

I attempted to uninstall using the Creative Cloud Uninstaller and now that isn't working either.

If step number 1 doesn't work, what other options are available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and found this thread.

I downloaded a new CC installation file from the link provided in the first reply.
It's quite a long way down on the applicatons download page.

Then I ran the installation without uninstalling the problematic CC version first

and that worked just fine!  🙂
Let's hope that this version is more stable.
But I agree with you, these things shouldn't happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We certainly understand your situation, the feedback has already been shared with concerned team.

Here is what you can try.

1. Rename OOBE folder to OOBE_old from the below mentioned location and try to install the latest version.

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

2.Rename Adobe Creative Cloud from : C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe

3.  Install Creative Cloud app- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/install-apps.html

Please let us know if this helps. We truly appreciate your cooperation and patience with this.

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, i don't know if it worked or if it just your workaround that worked- i changed the folders' names, download the installer and installed. it's seems to work, but i doubt if next update will work automatically.

b.t.w - 1 minute after installtion I got your other major problem:

09-07-2015 14-59-56.jpg

Yey adobe! Yey!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'll try our best to help you with this situation.

Kindly refer the steps mentioned in the link below:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This instruction is confused, when we go to the link you give us to install creative cloud app there are some options, how do I know which option to choose? This is getting annoying, I am paying to have problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Can someone help with this issue, or not? Just send me to a page with a lot of options to choose from does not help me, I need a step by step instruction, and if I can't have it I WANT to cancel my subscription to creative cloud, as it has been more annoying than joy to deal with.

It's horrible that we can't really contact someone to get help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here we go again. Creative Cloud wants to update and nothing happens.

Again, not even a full month after the last time.

Again, customer service provides the same temporary band aid solution that I waste over an hour executing.

Again, I ask when will Adobe rectify this situation??!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines