2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2006 4:48 AM by kishankumar

Flex Component Arrays

kishankumar
      Hi All,
      I am a Flex Newbie, having worked extensively on HTML there is bound to be element to element comparsion to Flex for learning purposes. The clarification i have is that, in HTML say I want to enter ten employee names, I will have
      <input type="text" name="employee" value="">
      .......repeated ten times.
      At the server end I will convert these values into java using the simple statment
      String[] employee = (String[])request.getAttribute("employee");

I would like to know how to do the same thing in Flex. I want an array of textboxes for different values of the same type like say
      employee names. The number of textboxes are dynamic (like clicking on "Add" button will add one more textbox).
      I would like the values to fall into an array element type.

Could you please help me with what type of support Flex offers for such requirements.
        • 1. Re: Flex Component Arrays
          ntsiii Level 3
          "...there is bound to be element to element comparsion to Flex ..." don't count on that, Flex is very different.

There are a few ways to do this. I'll think about it a bit more, and try to do an example.

Tracy
          • 2. Re: Flex Component Arrays
            kishankumar Level 1
            Hi,
            Yeah flex is different, coming from traditional html background(request-response) to flex(event driven) for having to change the way of thinking is proving not so easy. Anything would take some time and I am in that period :-)
            Please do see if there are ways of acheving my requirement in Flex. Appreicate the help.

Kishan