Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC2015 won't start

Contributor ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have uninstalled Illustrator and CC multiple times including using the Cleaner Tool.

Illustrator starts up and then crashes. Never had this problem with any previous versions of Illustrator.

It is currently on Diagnostic Test 89 105 but crashes after every test.  It seems to be stuck in some sort of loop?

This has been going on for two days now and I'm losing the will to live.

Would very much appreciate some help.

O3kviPt.png

rTYEoBs.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

The problem got fixed after installing Tahoma font. Some how the font was missing on Gareth's machine.

Sanjay.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ideas?

Illustrator is literally useless to me at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here exactly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 10, 2015 Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Issue. Windows 8.1 - Illustrator v.19.01.52

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gareth,

It looks like the Safe Mode detector is not able to diagnose the root cause of the crash. Can you please try following steps and send us a crash dump at ShareWithAi@adobe.com.

1. While this dialog is up, Go to task manager and Kill "AISafeModeLauncher.exe"

2. Click "Yes" to launch illustrator again.

3. When illustrator crashes and "Illustrator crashes or not responding dialog is up", go to task manager and select "Illustrator.exe",

4. Right click on the Illustrator.exe and select Create Dump

5. Once the dump file is created, You will get a message about the location of of the dump file. (Typically it is in the temp folder)

Please send this dump file via a Creative Cloud or any other file sharing service link.

Thanks,
Sanjay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sanjay,

If I send an e-mail to ShareWithAI@adobe.com, it just gets bounced back with this:

A3C4s4U.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gareth,

I have got your dump file but it looks like you shared the dump for Illustrator CS6. Can you please share this dump file for AI CC version where you are getting into this issue. To make sure that you are creating dump for AI CC, quit AI CS6 before creating the dump file.

Sanjay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sanjay,

Sorry about that.  I have re-sent the link.

Gareth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2015 Jul 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so now what?

I have this same issue.  updated to the new ai cc 2015 and now i cant open it.  It just keeps ticking up this diagnostic test number, now Im at 33.

If I go to the task manager, I dont see a process called "AISafeModeLauncher.exe" but I do see one that just says Adobe Illustrator CC 2015.  Everything else is identical.  Same dialogue box, click yes over and over. Windows 8.1 64bit on Dell XPS 2720 w 16gb ram.

Photoshop and Dreamweaver both updated and operate fine.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Josh,

Can you please do following steps.

1. Kill AISafeModeLauncher.exe if it is running.

2. Clean the AI CC 2015 preference. They are at C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 19 Settings

3. Launch AI CC 2015

4. When AI crashes (Don't close the crash dialog),

5. Go to task manager

6. Right click Illustrator.exe and select the option to create dump file.

7. Send the dump file over some file sharing service such as Adobe Creative Cloud or dropbox, and share your link with ShareWithAi@adobe.com.

Thanks,

Sanjay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sanjaykr thank you so much for your help.

I just sent the file as far as I could follow the instructions.  I had issues with some of the instructions which I marked up in bold. not sure if any of these messed up my dump file.

1. Kill AISafeModeLauncher.exe if it is running. (every time ive looked for this I didnt see it, only Adobe Illustrator cc 2015)

2. Clean the AI CC 2015 preference. They are at C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 19 Settings (found this folder with nothing in it but if I continued to C:\Users\Josh\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 19 Settings\en_US\x64 where there are lots of items but I have no idea what Clean the Preferences means so I made no changes to any files)

3. Launch AI CC 2015 (hard to tell if it attempted to launch or not since the dialogue comes right up and so its confusing.  did I need to click yes again and then make the dump file? or make the dump file without clicking yes)

4. When AI crashes (Don't close the crash dialog), (you cant close the dialogue unless you stop Adobe Illustrator cc 2015 in task manager)

5. Go to task manager

7. Send the dump file over some file sharing service such as Adobe Creative Cloud or dropbox, and share your link with ShareWithAi@adobe.com.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Josh,

1. Kill AISafeModeLauncher.exe if it is running. (every time ive looked for this I didnt see it, only Adobe Illustrator cc 2015) - [sanjayk] No Problem, if this is not running

2. Clean the AI CC 2015 preference. They are at C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 19 Settings (found this folder with nothing in it but if I continued to C:\Users\Josh\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 19 Settings\en_US\x64 where there are lots of items but I have no idea what Clean the Preferences means so I made no changes to any files) - [sanjayk] - Please rename or delete the folder "Adobe Illustrator 19 Settings".

3. Launch AI CC 2015 (hard to tell if it attempted to launch or not since the dialogue comes right up and so its confusing.  did I need to click yes again and then make the dump file? or make the dump file without clicking yes) - [sanjayk] - Click No on last dialog and follow from step 1.

4. When AI crashes (Don't close the crash dialog), (you cant close the dialogue unless you stop Adobe Illustrator cc 2015 in task manager) - [sanjayk] - I was referring to a crash dialog thrown by OS, which is thrown if Ai crashes for the first time with clean preferences.

5. Go to task manager

Sanjay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where exactly in windows would you locate the dump file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C:\users\"user name"\AppData\Local\Temp  is where I found mine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2016 Jan 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sanjay,

i'm having the exact same issue. I've tried as many of the suggestions as I can find - including yours on this thread and others - still crashing on splash screen when reaching illustrator.exe. Can I send you my dump file?

Gary Houlton

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi garyhoulton‌,

Yes please share the DUMP file at ShareWithAi@adobe.com and also please mention the forum thread link in that mail.

With Best Regards,

Raghuveer Singh

Illustrator Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raghuveer,

Email with link to dmp file sent.

Thanks for your help,

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have sent the problem report to the address you provided.

Thanks in advance for helping me.

O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raghuveer,

I'm having this issue on my iMac. I sent the Problem Report generated by Apple to ShareWithAi@adobe.com, ‌as others were instructed to do.

Can you let me know if there are any other steps I need to take? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2016 Jan 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raghuveer,

I also have sent the problem report to the address you provided. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Beth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2016 Mar 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have just sent a dump file to the address you have provided.

Can you help resolve my problem with launching illustrator CC 2015 too?

Thank you.

Chui Hoon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have just sent a dump file to the address you have provided.

Can you help resolve my problem with launching illustrator CC 2015 too

thanks

sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

the same or a similar problem as dicussed in this thread happened with my illustrator CC (2015.3) in Windows 10. It was working a couple of weeks ago but now is hung in a diagnostics loop.
I created the dump file but where and how might I send it (I haven't used the cloud up to now).

thank you

Gunnar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i am having a similiar problem and i already had chat with 2 people and none of them were able to help me, if i do that will you still be able to give me some feedback and perhaps help me solve my problem?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines