• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add-On does not appear in program (TK Panel v4 / PS CC 2015)

Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought CC 2015 yesterday and also purchased the TK Panel v4 via the add on page.

After installing the add on in the online manager and previously having installed the new the CC Desktop app version 2.1.3.121 (the newest as of yesterday), it simply does not appear in the extension menu.

I already tried the troubleshooting pdf by Tony Kuyper sent me, but it didn't help. My guess is that something with my creative cloud app doesn't work - namely the sync.

The other clue I'm having is that I might have had Photoshop open while I purchased the Panel and first installed it. However I would assume that a reinstall of Photoshop and the panel would resolve the problem. However it did not.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jul 11, 2015 Jul 11, 2015

I think that there may indeed be a file-synching issue.  I've Skyped with three people that have had this issue and none were seeing any activity from the AddOns website in the activity stream in the HOME tab of the CC desktop app as we attempted to Add and Remove TKActions V4 via the AddOns website.  However, for all these folks, updating/reinstalling a previous version of their Photoshop application did result in a statement in the activity stream that the update had occurred.  So the CC deskt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, (one day later) it suddenly installed the addons. Works now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2015 Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried again, but still it does not appear in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem ... Do not see any add-ons in photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Have also tried to install via Extension Manager, but that failed too. Any ideas folks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wrote Adobe's Tech Support and also supplied the link to this thread hoping we get an answer soon.

I reckon some may need this in order to meet some deadlines. Originally I planned to get something to the Epson Pano Awards early bird. Seems like that's not going to work out.

I wonder though why only some have the issue and others don't. Also has anyone here tried other add ons aside the TK panel, and if so, do they work at least?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I tested the English $30 version just now on Mac and didn't have any issues. We need more info from you in order to investigate it fully. What platform are you using? Are you getting the balloon pop-up from CC? Is it the German version of the panel or the English?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi K. Woods,

I'm using the English version, in Windows 8.1, and getting no balloon pop-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok and is this the product here: https://creative.adobe.com/addons/products/12131#.VZ_UxeceWm6 ?

What does the blue button currently say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is indeed, but I don't see a blue button, just a green tick with 'Acquired' next to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is the product. And I also see no blue button just the 'accquired' tag. I'm using the German Version of PS (only because I haven't figured out how to switch to english yet) and the English version of the panel.

I'm using Win7 and I am not getting the balloon pop-up either.Unbenannt2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few other people have written about installation problems through the AddOns website.  I did contact Adobe yesterday and they recommended some general things for configuring the Creative Cloud desktop app prior to installation.  I've uploaded them as a pdf:  http://goodlight.us/check-list-before-add-ons.pdf

If these items not set correctly, make the appropriate adjustment and then do a Remove/Install cycle for the V4 panel from your "My Add-ons" section of the Adobe AddOns website.

But I don't think these simple fixes will work for the hardcore problems some people are having with Add-Ons.

A couple of people have written me that their definitive solution was to reinstall CC 2014.  Once CC 2014 is reinstalled, Adobe Extension Manager sees that product and can install the V4 panel in that version, and it's presence in CC 2014 also makes it available to CC 2015. At least that's what people are telling me.  I have also been told that Adobe technical support is recommending the same.  Adobe has a website on how to reinstall CC 2014:  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html.  Click on the "Install previous versions of apps" link to go to that section of the page.  Once CC 2014 is reinstalled, it might be worth checking to see if Extension Manager sees it as a product in the left hand column.  If it's listed, try doing a Remove/Install cycle from your "My Add-ons" section of the Adobe AddOns website.  And if that doesn't work, try clicking the "Install issues?" link below the Install/Remove button.  That provides more resources for installing directly through Extension Manager on your computer and bypassing the Creative Cloud app for installation.  Unfortunately I've not tried this procedure on my computer, but it's my understanding as to how it might work. 

Other less drastic solutions that might help Add-ons work  include rebooting the computer, signing out and signing back into the CC desktop app, and making sure "Load Extension Panels" is checked in Photoshop's Prefernces > Plug-Ins dialog.

The TKActions V4 panel has been tested and is rated by Adobe to work in PS CC through CC 2015, and seems to install properly in most cases directly from the AddOns website.  But for some computers, the Add-Ons process has a bug.  I too hope Adobe is working to get it fixed.

I'll be watching this thread, so please post your experience so we can all learn.  You can also contact me at: Feedback Form

Tony Kuyper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2015 Jul 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

Also I have the same problem, the panel does not appear. I installed as directed, unsuccessfully , or that any error me .

I've also tried installing through Extension Manager to the aforementioned error.

I think the problem is file synchronization .

I look forward to see if any solution to the problem is offered , because now the panel is useless.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If file sync was the problem it would likely happen across the board with other add-ons, but it seems isolated to this one product. Are the users in this post able to install other add-ons without any problem? If you have not tried, could you please try with some free CC2015 compatible Photoshop add-ons via the CC App (and not Extension Manager)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌I do not work any add-ons 😞 (Mac OSX Yosemite, photoshop cc 2015)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same with other addons by me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi K.Woods,

Just tried with another free add-on ('Check Contrast Ratio'), but that isn't working either so it doesn't look like this is an isolated issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2015 Jul 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same for me trying another free one. None is getting installed. Yosemite, last version of CC App, already tried to sign out / sign in. Then tried on my second computer also running Yosemite; error message for access rights this time. After a couple of trials, the addon got finally installed. And guess what, installing automatically on the first computer afterwards. Not a clue of what happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tony, thanks for getting involved in this thread. I've checked all settings, and still no joy. I've taken a screen shot of the error I receieve when attempting to install via the extension manager; hopefully this can shed some light on the issue.

SS.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to install via the CC 2014 method I mentioned above, T.Edwards?  If so, PS CC 2014 is not showing in the Products column of your EM, and so Extension Manager has no product into which it can install the panel.  That's what that error message means.  Uninstalling and reinstalling EM might allow it to pick up CC 2014 on EM's reinstall (if you have reinstalled CC 2014). 

Having CC 2015 show up on the EM products list is hit or miss. It was deprecated for CC 2015 products.  It showed up for me in Windows, but some Mac owners tell me they never see it no matter what they try.  That's why downgrading to CC 2014 is necessary for installing the V4 panel via Extension Manager.  Extension Manager can still recognize CC 2014 on most systems, but you might have to uninstall/reinstall EM to have that happen, especially on a Mac. Seeing PS CC 2014 listed as a product in EM would likely increase the chance of the panel installing and eliminating the error message.

Will also point out that my comments here are mostly based on my experience. I don't really know what's going on behind the screen with EM and Adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running a MacBook Pro and a Mac Pro both with OS X 10.4.4.

I have the Creative Cloud Desktop v2.1.3.121 installed on both machines.

I have Photoshop CC (2015) v2015.0.0 installed on both machines. Photoshop CC (2014) was uninstalled "against my will" on both machines when I updated to Photoshop CC (2015).

I have Adobe Extension Manager v7.3.2.39 installed on both machines.

Extension manager "sees" Photoshop CC (2015) on my MacBook Pro, but it does not "see" Photoshop CC (2015) on the Mac Pro.

Because the TKActions V4 panel is installed and running on both copies of Photoshop CC (2015) this is just annoying as opposed to disabling.

But at some point I would like to quit screwing around with the Complex Cloud and get back to editing photos.

By the way, Tony, the TKActions V4 panel is excellent. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 11, 2015 Jul 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that there may indeed be a file-synching issue.  I've Skyped with three people that have had this issue and none were seeing any activity from the AddOns website in the activity stream in the HOME tab of the CC desktop app as we attempted to Add and Remove TKActions V4 via the AddOns website.  However, for all these folks, updating/reinstalling a previous version of their Photoshop application did result in a statement in the activity stream that the update had occurred.  So the CC desktop app is recording application updates in the activity stream but it's not recording activity from the AddOns website even though they had the same Adobe sign-in ID for both the CC app and AddOns and were logged into both.  All these folks had file-synching turned on the the CC desktop app and all were running the latest version of the desktop app (2.1.3.121)

Since the downgrade to CC 2014 and then the use of Extension Manager with CC 2014 is what appears to be a solution for this problem, I'm reprinting it below step-by-step:

1. Reinstall PS CC 2014 per the directions on this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html. (Click on the "Install previous versions of apps" link to go to that section of the page. )
  2. Open Extension manager from the CC desktop app and make sure PS CC 2014 is showing in the Products column.  (If Extension Manager isn't installed, install it using the CC desktop app.  If it says an update to Extension Manager is available, update it and then open it.)
  3. Visit your "My Add-ons" page on the Adobe Add-ons website:  https://creative.adobe.com/addons/ (My Add-on is a link along the left side.)
  4. Click the "Install issues?" link below the Install/Remove button.
  5. Scroll to the bottom of the page that opens and click the "Download using Extension Manager" link at the bottom.
  6. Download the file and open it.  Extension Manager should then install the TKActions V4 panel in the PS CC 2014 application.
  7. Now open PS CC 2015.  On the menu, click through Window > Extensions >TKActionsV4 to open the panel.

NOTE:  You must have an active subscription to the Creative Cloud for this to work.  A trial subscription will not permit the necessary downgrade to PS CC 2014.

There will undoubtedly be some folks that experience problems with this procedure.  If you email me from Feedback Form and have some screen-sharing capability (like Skype) I'll be glad to help you explore alternate solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2015 Jul 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I used the CC2014 work-around and it did work, thank you very much. The question now is if I can subsequently de-install CC2014 and the Extension Manager without running into more problems?

I do assume though, that the GUI looks not as it is supposed to. Any Idea what may cause this?

Unbenannt3.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2015 Jul 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind the image I posted. After de-installing CC2014 and the Extension Manager for trial. The panel looks as it ought to. I guess my problem is now solved. However I think this needs fixing none the less. I reckon going back to CC2014 in order to get something to work in CC2015 is not really a long term solution for Adobe.

Tony, thank you very much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines