3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2015 1:39 PM by MayaTlab

Lightroom video cache import bug causing large amounts of HD space to be used up, and I'm not importing videos

andrewfreeman Level 3

I think I've discovered a bug with LR: it seems to be creating a cache of videos without it being told to, or even importing the videos. LR also disobeys the preference of how much video cache to keep.

Last week I cleaned up my HD, so I knew exactly how much space I had on it.

Starting it up today I found I had 12GB less so I used a program that analyses the hard disk space.

It showed that in C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches\Video\[All subfolders]

were numerous cached MP4 files from tutorials that I have collated over the years. These tutorials are on a memory stick and not on a HD.

Previously I had imported some images from the memory stick and copied them onto the HD via LR, so I knew that was where they had come from. I did not import any videos.

I deleted the video cache and tried the following:

1. Open the folders above in explorer
      2. Insert the memory stick
      3. Open LR (nothing happens)
      4. Open the import dialogue box and select the memory stick as source, but not do anything, certainly do not import. (at this point notice that files start appearing in the above folders).
      5. Cancel the import dialogue box. (notice that files are still going in the above folders)
      6. Watch, with LR still open, the above folders bloat out.

I've repeated this several times with the same effect. As I type this it's still growing. I'm now up to 30GB... and it's still going.

My video cache is set to 1GB.

Anyone else had an issue or can repeat this?

I've also tried a clean catalogue and clean memory stick with one or two images and videos. The result is the same.

32GB now.....

LR6.1,

Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium Edition

Version: 6.1 [7601]

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 4

Processor speed: 2.5 GHz

Built-in memory: 7862.7 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 7862.7 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 351.6 MB (4.4%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 328.7 MB

Memory cache size: 2.0 MB

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 1

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2

System DPI setting: 96 DPI

Desktop composition enabled: No

Displays: 1) 1366x768

Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: Yes, External touch: No, External pen: Yes, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:

Check OpenGL support: Failed

Vendor:

Version:

Renderer:

LanguageVersion:

GL_MAX_COMBINED_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS (actual = 16, minimum = 48)

GL_MAX_FRAGMENT_INPUT_COMPONENTS (actual = 8, minimum = 128)

GL_MAX_FRAGMENT_UNIFORM_BLOCKS (actual = 8, minimum = 12)