2 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2006 3:28 PM by Omar_Gonzalez

FlexBuilder2 Feature Request - Precognitive Highlited Auto-Text  Completion

Omar_Gonzalez Level 1
      A feature that upon typing the "<" character the builder automatically inserts " mx:" immediately after, with the text highlighted to easily delete if you are not inserting an mx: tag.

An option to turn this off would be appreciated as well. :-)
        • 1. Re: FlexBuilder2 Feature Request - Precognitive Highlited   Auto-Text    Completion
          Level 7
          I've entered it as an enhancement request.

Of course, as it stands now, you already don't have to type the "mx:".
          After "<", the code hints dropdown will come up. As you type the first
          few characters of the tag name WITHOUT the prefix, we'll filter the list
          down to things that match, regardless of prefix. For example, by the
          time you type "but", you'll probably be down to just 3 items, where
          mx:Button is selected (assuming you're in an empty project just inside
          the Application tag). Now that mx:Button is selected, you can hit
          [enter] to insert it. So typing "<but[enter]" results in "<mx:Button "
          being inserted into your page.

Hope this helps.

Rebecca - Adobe

Omar_Gonzalez wrote:
          > A feature that upon typing the "<" character the builder automatically inserts
          > "mx:" immediately after, with the text highlighted to remove if you are not
          > inserting an mx: tag.
          >
          > An option to turn this off would be appreciated as well. :-)
          >
          • 2. Re: FlexBuilder2 Feature Request - Precognitive Highlited   Auto-Text    Completion
            Omar_Gonzalez Level 1
            That's great to hear and thank you much for the extra information.

Out of habit I automatically would type "mx" immediately after my "<" character without even thinking of trying something like "<but" to bring up the codehint for mx:Button. That's great! Thanks again.