• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error in spreadsheet cell

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disclaimer, I'm just barely past beginner CF developer.

I am using cfspreadsheet to open an Excel document and read some values from the first sheet. It blows up with "An error occurred while reading the Excel: org.apache.poi.POIXMLException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException" and specifically "</font> does not close tag <br>."

I've Googled left and right trying to find good material on Reading/Writing Excel with CF but not really finding much. Here's what I have:

<cfspreadsheet action="read" src="#theFile#" sheet="1" query="data">

Besides not knowing exactly how to read what I need from that (yet) I can't get that far because it crashes. Specifically I need to read B2, E2, B3, E3, B4, E4, B5, E5, B6 and E6.

Anyway, this particular spreadsheet has 9 sheets, but I only need to read those values for sheet 1. The problem is in sheet 5, column M1 there is a button that has text that wraps and says Reset Data. I KNOW that if I remove the word Data from it, then I can read it. However, I'm not going to have the luxury of doing that. It's spreadsheet is set in stone and I can't change it. And it will be used by hundreds of people. So I have to find a way to import this, read those values and move on.

Help???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2015 Jul 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

<cfspreadsheet action="read" src="#theFile#" sheet="1" query="data">

Might ColdFusion be confusing the word 'data' with the name of the query variable? Test this idea by changing that line to, say,

<cfspreadsheet action="read" src="#theFile#" sheet="1" query="spreadSheetData">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation