5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2015 8:13 AM by A.T. Romano

MP3 Editing in Premeire

shantelm99392478

Can MP3 audio files be edited in Premiere?

• 1. Re: MP3 Editing in Premeire
          A.T. Romano Level 7

shantelm

What program do you have...Premiere Elements (what version) or some version of Premiere Pro? What computer operating system is involved?

Generalizing, you can import .mp3 files into a Premiere Elements project. What type of audio editing did you intend? There is no movie export that uses .mp3 audio. But, you can export an audio file as .mp3. If problems with a particular .mp3 file, often it is recommended to convert the .mp3 to wav before you import it into the Premiere Elements project.

Please give details to help us help you.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...If this is a Premiere Pro question, please re-post your thread in the Adobe Premiere Pro Forum.

Premiere Pro CC

Somehow your thread got posted in the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum.

• 2. Re: MP3 Editing in Premeire
            shantelm99392478 Level 1

I would like to cut 10 minutes out of the 8 hours of audio

• 3. Re: MP3 Editing in Premeire
              whsprague Level 4

Consider trying the free program called Audacity.   http://sourceforge.net/projects/audacity/

• 4. Re: MP3 Editing in Premeire
                A.T. Romano Level 7

shantelm

Thank you for your reply.

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

At this time, I am not seeing reason why you cannot use Premiere Elements for this purpose. The big question is "Can you import the file(s) into a Premiere Elements project? Have you tried and found that it will not import?

With Premiere Elements, there is a problem if you want to use it as a narration generation only.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: Narration Recording Stops After 30 Seconds

But, as I said, not seeing the problem cutting out 10 minutes of 8 hours of imported audio in Premiere Elements.

Do you actually have some version of Premiere Elements at this time? If not, and you want a video editor as well as a program that has audio editing opportunities, then download and install the free 30 days tryout from Adobe and determine if it works for you.

We will be watching for your follow up and then we can decide what next depending on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: MP3 Editing in Premeire
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

shantelm

Add On....

Please refer to my post numbered 4....

Please state specifically whether you are looking exclusively for an audio editor and have no thoughts of editing audio in a video audio project in a video editor like Premiere Elements which also offers opportunities to edit audio.

An associated major question...how do you intend to get the edited audio file (s) out of the project....export to file saved to the computer hard drive or burn to disc? What are your computer resources which will impact the export more than the import and editing of this "8 hour - 10 minutes" audio.

I am not having any problems importing 8 hours of audio into Premiere Elements and cutting out 10 minutes of that audio, but I am running into problems trying to export it only from the project.

More details please to help us to help you.

Thank you.

ATR