4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2015 9:18 PM by silver2row

Why does Adobe Digital Editions stop my mouse from working?

silver2row

Hello,

I need to find out how to conquer this issue. Adobe Digital Editions creates my mouse to pause for an unlimited amount of time. I need to figure out if others are having this issue or if it is just my configuration. I have about 40 books in the ePub format on my Adobe Digital Editions. I need to recover them but the Digital Editions system creates the above mentioned condition.

Please send guidance.

Sincerely,

Seth

• 1. Re: Why does Adobe Digital Editions stop my mouse from working?
          silver2row Level 1

Hello,

This is Seth again. I have a recent computer. I mean to say that it is working and from about 2014 towards the middle of the year. So, I was thinking that Adobe was the one with issues. All of my other programs work and work well. I would like to get this situated early. I have a lot to do (and a lot to read). So, if anyone knows about the issue stated, please contact me or one of the Discussion Heads.

Sincerely,

Seth

• 2. Re: Why does Adobe Digital Editions stop my mouse from working?
            silver2row Level 1

Hello Again,

I have been reading some on the subject. My computer freezes but only with the usage of the mouse. My computer's programs still run in the background, i.e. like Spotify and respective speakers playing music, my Task Manager works, and other programs I cannot use because the mouse is suspended still show in my Task Manager. I have a Dell XPS. It handles most things well. I like this computer but if it this computer or the amount of books in ePub format I have, I need to know what to do.

Sincerely,

Seth

P.S. If anyone out there knows about this mouse freeze issue, please contact me. I am using a book in ePub format to start this robotic informative. I am reading all these books and need support. I have them all saved in folders but to open the ePub books, I use Adobe Digital Editions. Is there a newer version of the ePub format that Adobe Digital Editions cannot handle?

• 3. Re: Why does Adobe Digital Editions stop my mouse from working?
              silver2row Level 1

Hello Everyone,

This is Seth, again. I cannot get my Digital Editions up and running with my mouse working. Every time I get the Digital Editions up and running, my mouse stops working. I have to go to the Task Manager and sign out or restart the computer by pressing the button. Does anyone out there have any ideas as to why this is happening? Is it because I have too many books?

Sincerely,

Seth

P.S. If you can answer soon, that would be great. I get these free books and I am trying to load up on them. Thank you...

• 4. Re: Why does Adobe Digital Editions stop my mouse from working?
                silver2row Level 1

Okay and Hello,

I think I have it figured out. Go to Programs. Click on Action Center. Go to the bottom, left corner and click on Windows Compatibility Trouble Shooter. This tool will guide you through the rest of what you need to point and click on specific items relating to Adobe Digital Editions and its compatibility with Windows 7. There are options to pick on many programs that are running in these prompts. Pick and choose. You will probably be able to situate a lot of programs that are giving issues to the system you have configured.

Sincerely,

Seth