4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2015 1:51 PM by debbiec58492344

LR 5 does not see my images to import

debbiec58492344

Never had a problem like this before.  Last night, I went thru the usual means of importing but when I locate the folder on my separate hard drive, LR can "see" the actual folder, but when I open the folder to pick the images I want, it is empty.  I have opened and closed the program, rebooted, nothing worked. The only way I could get the one image ( I actually wanted to import several) into LR was to open my other drive folder up next to LR and drag and drop the photo into the middle.   Not sure how to fix this.

Thanks, Debbie

• 1. Re: LR 5 does not see my images to import
          dj_paige Level 9

What type of photo, JPG or RAW? If RAW, what camera and what exact version of Lightroom 5 are you using?

Is it possible you have identically named folders on two drives, and you have pointed LR to the wrong drive where there are no photos?

• 2. Re: LR 5 does not see my images to import
            debbiec58492344 Level 1

Thanks for responding. These are just jpeg files, Canon 7D.  I save all my photos on an external harddrive (Seagate).  Never had this happen before. When I would click import and identify the source, pull up that drive and that folder, I can see the pictures are in the folder, but when I click the folder to open it up and access those specific pictures, its empty, nothing happens, there is nothing to select.

• 3. Re: LR 5 does not see my images to import
              dj_paige Level 9

When I would click import and identify the source, pull up that drive and that folder, I can see the pictures are in the folder, but when I click the folder to open it up and access those specific pictures, its empty, nothing happens, there is nothing to select.

I guess now you have me confused. This sentence sounds like you are saying, in one sentence, it works and simultaneously it doesn't work.

Please be more specific about what you are doing. Do not use words like "pull up that drive" or "click the folder to open it up", please tell me EXACTLY where you are doing each action (Import dialog box, Library Module, operating system, or somewhere else). Please use the exact description of steps that you are using instead of "pull up that drive".

• 4. Re: LR 5 does not see my images to import
                debbiec58492344 Level 1

I am fairly well skilled at photography actions and software although LR is one I am still trying to learn.  I thought casual photography language would be clear, such as accessing the hard drive the pictures were stored on (pulling up that drive).  I will look tonight when I get home and see if I can clarify the steps.  At the end of the day, I am probably going to have to uninstall it anyway.