6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2015 10:39 AM by Harbs. Branched from an earlier discussion.

CC 2015 Extensions

arnaua46527465 Level 1

Hi everybody!

With the recent update of InDesign CC 2015, the development of extensions It doesn't developed with Flex/Actionscript in Flash Builder.

I've a very elaborate extension and while I adapt to HTML5, I wish install the old Flex extension because it's very important in my daily work.

Please if anyone can help me, I appreciate it a lot.

Thanks!!

• 1. Re: CC 2015 Extensions
          Harbs. Level 6

I just branched this to a new discussion because it did not belong in the old one.

Flash Extensions work in CC 2015 as well. I'm not sure what your issue is.

• 2. Re: CC 2015 Extensions
            arnaua46527465 Level 1

Hello Harbs!!

Many thanks for your answer!

I export the extension in .zxp format, and I usually install with extension manager CC.

Now in extension manager, InDesign CC 2015 doesn't appear

You know an alternative way to install the extension? Can I put manually in a folder? I haven't found where I can put files directly in InDesign CC 2015

Thanks again!

• 3. Re: CC 2015 Extensions
              Harbs. Level 6

Extension Manager shows CC 2015 on some computers but does not on others. I'm not sure what makes it work. That being said, Extension Manager is not really being supported going forward.

To get extensions to show in CC 2015, you can install it in CC 2014. As long as the extension states it should work in CC 2015, it should appear and just work as it did in CC 2014. (The fact that there's no distinction between installs for 2014 and 2015 is a big problem in my book...)

You can also install it manually by unzipping the ZXP and placing it in the extensions folder inside the "CEP" folder in application support.

• 4. Re: CC 2015 Extensions
                Harbs. Level 6

FWIW, we're working on a third-party open-source installer for extensions to deal with the debacle of Extension Manager...

• 5. Re: CC 2015 Extensions
                  arnaua46527465 Level 1

Wooww!! I tried to install it manually on the CEP folder and at least appears in InDesign CC 2015

Doesn't open but we are closer, I guess it must be manifest file...

The CEP folder is not located in Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP, it's now in /Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2015/Resources/CEP/extensions XD

Thanks a lot for your help, You've been very helpful! Harbs.

• 6. Re: CC 2015 Extensions
                    Harbs. Level 6

It’s actually in both places.

Extensions in /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP will appear in both CC 2014 and CC 2015.

If the extension is not appearing there’s likely a problem with the signature of the extension. It might be that the contents slightly changed when you unzipped it.