9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2015 8:17 AM by A.T. Romano

On Bluray flickers while watching on the TV picture Premiere Elements13

JGeneratorH

Hi

On Bluray flickers while watching on the TV picture
      Mainly occurs the vibration of still images on
      What can I do

Rendered in 1080i Pal

I left all the main settings of Premiere.

Premiere Elements13
      1080i PAL
      AMD 8core
      12GB Ram
      AMD R280X
      250GB SSD Samsung + SSD 128MB Crusial

Many Thanks

Joachim

• 1. Re: On Bluray flickers while watching on the TV picture Premiere Elements13
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Joachim

Did you see any evidence of flicker in the still images or video before the burn to Blu-ray? Is all the flicker only in still in the export?

Did you use Remove Flicker or Anti-Flicker Filter on the Timeline content before export?

Please look at the Publish+Share/Disc/Blu-ray disc with preset = H.264 1920 x 1080p NTSC Dolby. That preset will give you the frame rate of 23.97 and not 29.970.

What was the Space Required and Bitrate for the burn to Blu-ray, what is description of Blu-ray disc?

Please review, consider, supply more information, and then we will decide what next based on the details of your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: On Bluray flickers while watching on the TV picture Premiere Elements13
            JGeneratorH Level 1

Hi ATR

Thx for your fast answer and sorry for my bad English

1. Flickers are only on Bluray not before burning

2. No i have no Anti-Flicker-Filter used because the Pictures become fuzziness

3. Is NTSC better than PAL ? Framerate was approximately 23,19 i used the hook, "complete Disc use"

4. it was a 25GB Bluray (Tevion)

Many Thanks

Joachim

• 3. Re: On Bluray flickers while watching on the TV picture Premiere Elements13
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Jachim

I am unfamiliar with the Tevion disc products. My first impression is to find another brand of Blu-ray disc. Do you have access to a Verbatim BD-R or BD-RE 25 GB Blu-ray disc?

But, before you do that, please read the following article that I found online regarding flickering Blu-ray playback. Does any of it apply to your situation?

Resolving black or flickering screen with new bluray players - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Also...

I am not sure of the outcome, but worthwhile to try the Publish+Share/Disc/Blu-ray disc with preset = H.264 1920 x 1080p NTSC Dolby which comes with the 23.97 progressive frame rate and determine what affect if any it has on the flickering that you are seeing at Blu-ray playback on your player.

But first please look at the Blu-ray player settings to determine if that resolves your Blu-ray playback issue.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: On Bluray flickers while watching on the TV picture Premiere Elements13
                Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What country do you live in and at what exact framerate did your camera (which camera?) record your movie, which also determines the final export.

If you have a interlaced timeline and your stills flicker you right click on the image / field options / always deinterlace

• 5. Re: On Bluray flickers while watching on the TV picture Premiere Elements13
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Jachim and Ann Bens

Please consider.

There is no indication that Jachim is using freeze frames from video on the Timeline which is considered to be in a PAL interlaced workflow. Consequently, I see no rationale in applying Always Deinterlace to Timeline photos (from camera) which do not have fields. There are several articles online about this matter related to photos from cameras used in a video project.

Deinterlace photos first within porject then en... | Apple Support Communities

Always Deinterlace shines in dealing with interlaced video. If applied to Timeline interlaced video, it directs the exporting process as to which field to be used when the export field order is set to (None) Progressive (see below quote for full description)

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/aspect-ratios-field-options.html

Always Deinterlace

Converts interlaced fields into whole progressive‑scan frames. Premiere Elements deinterlaces by discarding one field and interpolating a new field based on the lines of the remaining field. It keeps the field specified in the Field Settings option in the Project Settings. If you specified No Fields, Premiere Elements keeps the upper field unless you selected Reverse Field Dominance, in which case it keeps the lower field. This option is useful when freezing a frame in the clip.

This might have relevance for Jachim's interlaced video if the burn to preset were, as already suggested,

Publish+Share/Disc/Blu-ray disc with preset = H.264 1920 x 1080p NTSC Dolby. That preset will give you the frame rate of 23.97 and not 29.970. But, so far the report is

a. no flicker until after export

and

b. flicker in photos only

We look forward to Jachim's report on exploring these suggestions including any influence of the TV settings on the matter.

Thanks you both for your consideration.

ATR

• 6. Re: On Bluray flickers while watching on the TV picture Premiere Elements13
                    Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I do not consider Apple support and you have clearly no idea what the option does in a interlaced environment.

You have a nack doing your utmost best of keeping other people out of the conversation.

So dont worry you will not see me here ever again.

Keep up the good work in your forum.

• 7. Re: On Bluray flickers while watching on the TV picture Premiere Elements13
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Ann Bens

I do have an good idea of what the Always Deinterlace option is "supposed" to be doing under the circumstances of this thread, and I submitted it for consideration with some documentation.There is nothing stopping the user from using all the troubleshooting ideas and you giving your point of view in a thread already in progress. As I wrote

We look forward to Jachim's report on exploring these suggestions including any influence of the TV settings on the matter.

I cannot sit back when I see something which I question. And, I posted to both you and the user asking for consideration. Apparently, I am not getting yours. Hopefully it will be helpful for the user. But, in the end, the answer will be in the details and results and the user will move forward in an important Premiere Elements project.

Maybe remember our presence (yours and mine) in other recent thread where my troubleshooting prevailed, and then consider cutting me some slack.

I admire your zeal in your special hobby. Because of that I have made an exception and responded to a post (numbered 6) which I would not ordinarily respond to as written.

Best wishes

ATR

• 8. Re: On Bluray flickers while watching on the TV picture Premiere Elements13
                        JGeneratorH Level 1

hi

Thanks for the answers

I tested some (every) different TV and Playersettings put the effect is ever the same, the flickers are still at the screen

I testet the Disk with my PC and also the reason; FLICKERS

I also tried to export the project in m2t 1080i 25fps without menue, here no stuttering are then available, so it runs perfectly.
                        I´ve ordered at Amazon new Disks!, currently Tevion(Discount Produkt) and the new Verbatim, and then i will test it with Verbatim

Premiere Elements works at Windows 7 at me not an an Apple

I think I've found the fault, I accidentally yet forgot to change when creating the new project to PAL 25fps, the project is inadvertently NTSC 30fps
                        The disk should be PAL 1080i 25fps

Footage of camcorder is 1080i 25fps (Panasonic Cam)
                        Can this be the reason?

Can I change again later? I try it but the points are eye grayed out in the project settings.
                        Is there possibly a trick how I can fix this?

If anyone have a Council please write back

thank you
                        greeting

Joachim

• 9. Re: On Bluray flickers while watching on the TV picture Premiere Elements13
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Joachim

Thank you for the reply with the outcome. Good job in identifying the core of your issue which you found to target your project settings. I was surprised that you did not see this photo only problem before burn to while you were viewing the play back of the Timeline content. But, great news of progress.

You cannot change the project preset once it has been established by you (manually) or the project (automatically). You need to start a new project if you want a project with a different project preset.

The Edit Menu/Project Settings/General lets you see what project project (project settings) has been set, but does not allow you to make any significant changes in the project settings.

However....

For Premiere Elements versions earlier than 13/13.1, I have described a way to change the project settings without starting a new project under certain circumstances. This involves editing the Notepad document of the saved closed Premiere Elements project file. However, I have not been able to apply this idea to version 13/13.1 because of the coding in its Notepad document for its saved closed project.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: Changing Project Settings Without Starting A New Project

Please consider. If any questions or need clarification, please do not hestiate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR