3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2015 2:33 PM by A.T. Romano

Adobe PE 13 Organizer database is corrupted.

terracont22326500

Every time i open Premier Elements 13, i am prompted with "Organizer Database is corrupt. Trying to recover it." I click OK and it follows with "Failed to recover. Creating new Organizer database. Click OK. Then "The catalog could not be opened. It is either corrupt, or the version is out of date and cannot be updated." THEN it opens and i attempt to attach a video clip and it states "Adobe Premiere Elements 13 has stopped working." HELP!

• 1. Re: Adobe PE 13 Organizer database is corrupted.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

terracont

How did your Elements Organizer 13's present catalog come into being - was it the catalog that came with the program install or did you convert it from an earlier version in the Elements Organizer 13? If it is not a converted catalog and is the catalog that came with the program install, have you ever been able to import anything into it. Have you been able to update Elements Organizer 13 to 13.1?

Have you gone through the drill of deleting the Elements Organizer settings file (psa.prf) as well as creating a new catalog File Menu/Manage Catalogs/Catalog Manager? In Catalog Manager did you Repair and/or Optimize the current catalog?

I hesitate to say more until you supply details of your situation. But, assuming that you are running Elements Organizer 13/13.1 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit,

please go to the Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Editor and its Elements Organizer Tab at the bottom left of the Expert workspace, then

a. hold down on the Ctrl + Alt + Shift as you click and hold click on that Elements Organizer Tab for about 35 seconds (or until a pop up appears requesting permission to delete the Elements Organizer settings file)

b. After you click Yes to the request to delete the settings file, then release the hold down on the Ctrl + Alt + Shift.

If the Elements Organizer 13/13.1 continues to crash, then we need to dig deeper into the properties of the files which you are trying to import into it.

Does any of the above work for you. Otherwise, we also need to talk about uninstall, free cleaner, reinstall of the whole program.

Please review, consider, and supply more details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Adobe PE 13 Organizer database is corrupted.
            terracont22326500 Level 1

Elements is 13.1, on win 7, I have renamed the psa.prf to .old and repaired/ optimized the catalog. I wasnt able to get the tab for the organizer to appear so i used another users profile to do the next part. The main concern is adding videos. I don't use the organizer but continue to get these messages. If i cant edit videos, this program is worthless.

My next attempt is to us a cleaner and remove all pieces of the software and start fresh, unless you have a better idea. I did update quicktime (that fixed it the last time) and adobe PE. it's still crashing once i attempt to add the video.

• 3. Re: Adobe PE 13 Organizer database is corrupted.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

terracont

I would go along with the start fresh approach

uninstall the usual control panel way

do a free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts) CCleaner - Download

reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled

But, before you do that, I would like you to clarify the following to make sure we are in sync on the details since until your last post I thought that the issue was the Elements Organizer 13/13.1.

1. Forgetting about the Elements Organizer 13/13.1 for the moment, can you import your video into the Premiere Elements 13/13.1 using Expert workspace Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets, from there to Timeline? If the answer is no, then what are the properties of the Timeline videos when you get error messages? And, while you are in the Premiere Elements Editor, trying to edit, are you getting pop up message about a corrupt Elements Organizer whose workspace is not even opened? Or, is the Premiere Elements Editor issue = crashes?

2. If this is the case.

it's still crashing once i attempt to add the video.