Expand my Community achievements bar.

How do I change form fields to readonly based on user credentials? Is that something Rights Management can do? Or is it something to be done with embedded JavaScript on the form itself?

Level 3

I am designing a form that will have one of those "section to be filled by x staff". Here is an example of the workflow: Someone in accounting creates a new instance of the form by entering some data into the "by accounting only" section of the form. Then they send the form to a user to to fill in. At that time the section "by accounting only" should be readonly to the recipient and the rest of form should be editable. Then the user submits the form back to accounting and when the accounting staff opens the form response the section "by accounting only" should become editable again.

How do I change form fields to readonly based on user credentials? Is that something done w/ LiveCycle Rights Management? Or is it something that could done with embedded JavaScript on the form itself? If JavaScript, can anyone point me to samples of that code? Thanks in advance!

0 Replies