4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2015 7:34 AM by ashh.allen

How to do I perform a conditional "or" calculation in PDF?

ashh.allen

I am trying to create a calculation that allows my customers to calculate their cost. (Sounds simple...but I am new to JavaScript so I am struggling to fix it)

Objective: I want the formula to calculate the customer's total price based on their membership status plus any add-ons. So the total will either reflect a "NonMember" price with add-ons OR a "Member" price with add-ons.

Booth prices:

NonMember = $900

Member = $750

Add-ons:

Booth Corner= $90

Booth Extensions= $95

here is what I have:

(function () {

var v1 = ( +getField("Booth_NonMember").value * 900 )  + ( +getField("Booth_Corner").value * 90 )  + ( +getField("Booth_Extensions").value * 95 );

var v2 = ( +getField("Booth_Member").value * 750 )  + ( +getField("Booth_Corner").value * 90 )  + ( +getField("Booth_Extensions").value * 95 );

var v3 = ( v1 || v2 );

event.value = v3;

})();

The problem is, when I enter text in the field for the Member price and then add text in the add-on fields it negates the Member price all together.

So if I say: I want 1 "Member" Booth ($750) with 1 "Booth Corner" ($90) and 1 "Booth Extensions" ($95) the formula tells me that the total is $185 when it should be $935.

am I missing something?