2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2015 2:18 PM by John Waller

able to edit the same catalog from different computers?

everlastingimagesphoto

Is there a way to easily be able to work from LR cc on one desktop and then be able to continue working on that same lr catalog on another desktop that's logged into the same cc account?  Thanks!

• 1. Re: able to edit the same catalog from different computers?
          Jao vdL Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Only way that is reliable is to use an external disk and put your catalog on that. The catalog cannot be on a network disk without (dangerous) tricks. You can put all your images on a networked disk and just use a USB stick for the catalog even but most reliable would be to put the whole thing on an external hard disk. Some people have good luck with a catalog file on dropbox for example but you have to be extremely diligent in closing Lightroom on one computer before you open it on another if you do not want loss of work and file corruption.

• 2. Re: able to edit the same catalog from different computers?
            John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Jao van de Lagemaat wrote:

Some people have good luck with a catalog file on dropbox for example but you have to be extremely diligent in closing Lightroom on one computer before you open it on another if you do not want loss of work and file corruption.

Yes, I've tried putting the catalogue on Dropbox but no matter how diligent I was I kept getting the dreaded "conflicted copy".

What's a conflicted copy? (Dropbox Help Center)

External hard drive is the only robust solution I've found - but it's very inconvenient and unsatisfactory in these days of Cloud storage and networked drives.

I can't wait to find a good "edit the same catalogue from any device" solution.

1 person found this helpful