5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2007 3:43 PM by cratica

3D Bone Animation Exporter for Director MX

praesul
      Salutations!

Me and my coworker have been trying to figure out how to get his nifty bone animation into director.
      We've tried the sintesys exporter for XSI and polytrans, but with no luck. The model imports, but with no animation info.
      Any ideas? Anyone actually get bone animation to work in their project?

Thanks so much!
        • 1. Re: 3D Bone Animation Exporter for Director MX
          Newt99 Level 1

Have you tried Plasma or 3DS Max with the newest exporter.

I know about bones export in Plasma, 3DS Max, Lightwave and Maya but never heard anything about it concerning Softimage.

Also, have you tried Deep Exploration by Right Hemisphere ?

Best regards,
          Karl Sigiscar.
          • 2. Re: 3D Bone Animation Exporter for Director MX
            Ex Malterra
            i'm using plasma and have been having problems w/ bones animation. for learning purposes i've created a simple scene w/ two identicle cylinders, one on top of the other. i make two bones whose hieghts are the same as the cylinders and align them w/ the cylinders and link the top cylinder to the top bone and the bottom cylinder to the bottom bone. i link the top cylinder to the top bone and make an animation where the top bone rotates 90 degrees over the first half, and -90 teh second half. sort of like holding your arm up, bening your elbow and straighening it back up again.

my problem is that even if the animation actually shows up in the w3d file, the model linked to the bone doesn't move even when the animation is playing. the animation show in the object inspector, and i can start and stop the animation programatically. but the geometry doesn't move.

i've tried many many variations of linking and whatnot, but either nothing changes, the animation doesn't export, or importing the w3d file crashes director.

i'd sure like to know how to get this straight.
            • 3. Re: 3D Bone Animation Exporter for Director MX
              praesul Level 1
              Got the sintesys exporter with SoftImage XSI to work. Make sure that you select the models you want to export in the viewport window before opening the export dialogue. It looks really neat once it works!
              • 4. Re: 3D Bone Animation Exporter for Director MX
                Level 7
                Hi,

Read Carefully the instructions on how to use it, since director is too
                picky with the exporting procedure and compatibility.
                Our exporter works fine with bones animation and many developers worldwide
                are using it.
                If you have problems exporting or need further assistance contact me at
                exporter@sintesys.net

Rafa
                Sintesys
                exporter@sintesys.net
                www.sintesys.net/exporter

• 5. Re: 3D Bone Animation Exporter for Director MX
                  cratica Level 1
                  I use 3ds max with biped/bones and it seems to work flawlessly. You might try importing into MAX then exporting.