3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2015 7:26 AM by K.Woods

Why isn't Premiere Pro CC 2015 recognized in Extension Manager CC

Stephanie Erdman

My end goal was to get the Plural Eyes connector attached to Premiere Pro CC 2015.

Once I started to do this, I made sure everything was updated and using the latest versions of Plural Eyes and PPCC15. However, I ran across an issue that I was using Adobe Extension Manager CS6. Upon downloading the CC version, none of the CC15 applications were listed (or recognized) within the new extension manager. So I proceeded to install the "connector" for Plural Eyes, hoping it would just recognize the CC15 applications I could use with it. Well, the extension manager gave me an error mentioning that I needed to "...make sure the manifest.xml of this extension is valid and the Extension Manager recognizes at least one product which the extension supports."

Can anyone help me with this issue, please?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Why isn't Premiere Pro CC 2015 recognized in Extension Manager CC
          K.Woods Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Stephanie

You have probably seen other threads on this topic now and noted that ExMan is not supported for CC 2015. The Plural Eyes developer may be able to assist you with a separate installer file option, or you may be able to use our Cmd line tool.

Regards

Krystal

• 2. Re: Why isn't Premiere Pro CC 2015 recognized in Extension Manager CC
            Stephanie Erdman Level 1

Yes Krystal, I have read those threads. Although, I can tell you that I run the exact same software (in this case PPCC 2015 and Plural Eyes 3.5) on 2 separate machines. One is a newer MacBook Pro and the other an older iMac. On the iMac, this "connector" or "extension" plugged right into Premiere as it was designed with the extension. Again, using the same version of software on my MacBook Pro, the ExMan doesn't even list one program (or product, to use Adobe's language) as one in which could accept extensions. It's as if the ExMan itself is messed up! I was trying to figure out how to get it to recognize programs such as PP.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times and feel this is the real issue. Not that the Red Giant software program Plural Eyes' connector is bad! Rather, for whatever reason, the ExMan isn't properly reading the possible products that could accept even the best of extensions. Does any of this make since? Are you then telling me that Adobe has a known issue of their ExMan not working in their latest version? If that's the case, it doesn't make sense (regardless which way you look at it) that it would in fact work correctly on one machine verses the other.

Regards,

Stephanie

• 3. Re: Why isn't Premiere Pro CC 2015 recognized in Extension Manager CC
              K.Woods Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Stephanie

If you only have CC 2015 Adobe Apps installed then it is expected behaviour that Extension Manager won't see that those apps are installed. Please don't rely on Extension Manager for installation wherever possible because development has ceased. It is possible that it will pick up some CC 2015 Apps, but it should not be relied upon. Please see the post by Fraser Gregor on 14th July on why this occasionally happens: Photoshop CC2015 not listed which may explain why you see different behaviour on different computers.

Regards,

Krystal