1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 11, 2015 1:32 PM by Peter Spier

How to shrink a page and its content

mollygriffin

Hello!

I am having serious trouble. I created an 11 x 17" poster in Indesign for a music festival. Now I have been asked to send a copy of that same poster to the local newspaper, but the specs are 10.25" x 12.25"

I have spent four hours researching online and trying different things. I tried the Page Resize with different "liquid layouts" (KEEP IN MIND I AM AN ABSOLUTE NOVICE). All that happens is that I get a WHITE page the correct size (10.25 x 12.25) and then my content is much, much smaller than that! (7.5 x 10 3/8) it has a huge white border around it. All I want is for the content of my page to be 10.25 x 12.25. Is this possible? If yes then HOW (I am a novice remember!), and if not then why not? I would appreciate a speedy reply as I am on a deadline.

Thank you!

• 1. Re: How to shrink a page and its content
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

10.25 x 12.25 is a much shorter/wider aspect ratio than 11 x 17, so no, you can't really just shrink the file and leave it the same shape.

Most newspapers would be happy to shrink the PDF to fit inside that space as a "floater" leaving extra white space around it, if that is good enough, or if you want to use the whole space you should make a new document the correct size, then copy your content over and rearrange/resize as required to get a look you are comfortable with.