8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2015 1:33 PM by A.T. Romano

having problems with my elements 13

julietas1936737

I am trying to open my editor and I keep getting an error message. It says I have a lower than 7 windows and i do not. I have windows 7. How do i fix this

• 1. Re: having problems with my elements 13
          A.T. Romano Level 7

julietas

What program are you using Premiere Elements 13 or Photoshop Elements 13. What computer operating system are you using - Windows 7 64 bit?

Are you just installing this product for the first time? If so, what did you use - installation files from a purchased download or installation disc? If installation files, what are the full names of the files that you used for the installation.

Please give more detail.

Premiere Elements 13 and Photoshop Elements 13 do not support Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Mac OSX 10.7. If you have Window 7 64 bit and installation files for Elements 13 Windows, you should be OK. Let us see if we can identify why not.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: having problems with my elements 13
            julietas1936737 Level 1

Hi there, I have windows 7  i have been using this program for some time now but for some reason can no longer open it.

• 3. Re: having problems with my elements 13
              julietas1936737 Level 1

I am using premiere elements 13

• 4. Re: having problems with my elements 13
                julietas1936737 Level 1

I am using an installation disc that i purchased a while back at best buy.

• 5. Re: having problems with my elements 13
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

julietas

Thanks for the additional information.

I am about to post some troubleshooting strategy, but, before I do, could you tell me that exact (or as close as possible) wording of the Premiere Elements 13/13.1 error message? You have reported

It says I have a lower than 7 windows and i do not

Can you not open new as well as saved closed projects?

How far do you get....can you get to the Welcome Screen and select Organizer or Video Editor?

Do you click on the desktop icon for the program, and the program will not open to the Welcome Screen?

The above information will help me zero in on certain areas of the troubleshooting and expedite matters.

To be continued.

ATR

• 6. Re: having problems with my elements 13
                    julietas1936737 Level 1

It say's "Adobe photoshop cannot run on this computer because photoshop requires a windows 7 or later. I can open saved photos, I can view the window where it shows organizer and  photo editior however when i click on photo editior it gives me that alert.

• 8. Re: having problems with my elements 13
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

julietas

Thanks for the replies. I have seen your recent replies and have been trying to figure out what is happening.

Does your error message distinguish in any way between Photoshop Elements or Photoshop? Either way it does not add up since you are using Windows 7 64 bit computer.

Did you purchase Photoshop Elements 13 and Premiere Elements 13 bundled in box packaging from Best Buy? And, if so, do you have installation discs for Windows and Mac? Are there any trial software discs in the bundle? How long ago did not make this purchase?

Please check all installation disc labels to verify the program(s) on a given disc.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...Do you have installation disc for Premiere Elements 13 and a purchased serial number for it. If so, we may be forced to an uninstall, free ccleaner run through, and reinstall on this Windows 7 64 bit computer.