2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2015 11:07 PM by SvenHeise

Which PDF are saved on iPhone memory?

SvenHeise Level 1

Which files are saved on the iPhone when the mobile link on my Desktop is activated? Every PDF or only the PDF I open on the iPhone? I don't want to waste a lot of memory on the iPhone saving all recent files from Desktop. But I would like to save some PDF on the iPhone for offline use. Are the files from Document Cloud loaded automatically on iPhone or only when I read them?

• 1. Re: Which PDF are saved on iPhone memory?
          MobileDeveloperCK Adobe Employee

Hi,

When Mobile Link is enabled, Acrobat Reader for iOS will display the names of your recently viewed PDF documents in the Recent section.  However, it does not mean that all of the PDF documents are automatically downloaded to your iPhone/iPad.

Acrobat Reader will save a temporary local copy (cache) on your iPhone/iPad only when you try to open and view a PDF document on your iPhone/iPad.

The Local section shows the documents that are stored permanently on your iPhone/iPad (until you uninstall the app - iOS will erase all of your PDF documents).

Local.png

Please let us know if you have further questions or concerns.

• 2. Re: Which PDF are saved on iPhone memory?
            SvenHeise Level 1

Thank you very much for this quick answer! The mobile app for IOS is very easy to use. So the Document Cloud will be a very good tool to exchange PDFs. It's a little bit confusing that you can move PDFs from recent to DC in the browser window but not in Acrobat Pro, but if you know it it's ok.