3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2015 7:59 AM by A.T. Romano

Can you something like pan and scan with Premier Elements 13.Looking to re compose image by crop top and  using the bottom while still utilizing 16x9.

gregc5016594

Looking to re compose an image (clip) in Premier Elements 13.  By moving the  image either  up or down and keeping the top and bottom black letterbox in the same location.

• 1. Re: Can you something like pan and scan with Premier Elements 13.Looking to re compose image by crop top and  using the bottom while still utilizing 16x9.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

gregc

On what computer operating system is Premiere Elements 13/13.1 running? What is your image - still or video?

More on this in the morning morning.

For now...assuming you have a 16:9 project preset to match 16:9 source media....

a. See Expert workspace fx Effects/Transform/Crop and edit crop under Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Crop Panel expanded.

b. Besides the crop, what is with the pan and scan...is the intent to pan across the image (with its top cropped off and the remainder positioned at the top of the 16:9 frame? Could you explain further what goes where in your plan?

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Can you something like pan and scan with Premier Elements 13.Looking to re compose image by crop top and  using the bottom while still utilizing 16x9.
            gregc5016594 Level 1

AT,

Yes I am shooting 16 X on either my GH-2 or using my Canon HF-30.I have experiences with using the Sony Vegas Video Project, but when my program was lost with a major computer crash, and my  original discs from Vegas are being stored in the other side of the state, I thought  I  would  give Premier a try.  I have been using Photoshop for years and have owned new copies since 2005. 

I shoot in 16x9, and create a more Cinematic look by letter boxing my projects.

I have not found the  answer or workaround yet, my may  have to do some of my projects in Vegas. 

To: Greg Crawford <g.crawford33@yahoo.com>

Sent: Sunday, July 12, 2015 1:14 AM

Subject:  Can you something like pan and scan with Premier Elements 13.Looking to re compose image by crop top and  using the bottom while still utilizing 16x9.

Can you something like pan and scan with Premier Elements 13.Looking to re compose image by crop top and  using the bottom while still utilizing 16x9.

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussiongregc On what computer operating system is Premiere Elements 13/13.1 running? What is your image - still or video? More on this in the morning morning. For now...assuming you have a 16:9 project preset to match 16:9 source media.... a. See Expert workspace fx Effects/Transform/Crop and edit crop under Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Crop Panel expanded. b. Besides the crop, what is with the pan and scan...is the intent to pan across the image (with its top cropped off and the remainder positioned at the top of the 16:9 frame? Could you explain further what goes where in your plan? Thanks. ATR If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7745951#7745951 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7745951#7745951 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 3. Re: Can you something like pan and scan with Premier Elements 13.Looking to re compose image by crop top and  using the bottom while still utilizing 16x9.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

greg

In the light of day, I think I have zero'ed in on your goal. Let us see. Right now, I am interpreting your question as "How to create a cinematic/letterbox look for your 16:9 video in a Premiere Elements 16:9 project?"

Consider...this example

Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Expert workspace.

Video Track1/Audio Track 1. Source video.

Open Project Assets and go to its Panel Options Icon under which is a New Item category.

Under New Item, select Black Video. Create two Black Video Timeline files, one for Video Track 2 and the other for Video Track 3.

You are going to Scale the height (as wanted) for each Black Video file so that one will be a black band for the top of the frame and the other will be a black band for the bottom of the frame.

(To do this, for each Black Video file, select it, go to Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Motion Panel expanded and remove the check mark next to Constrain Proportions under Scale and Position area. This way you can Scale height separately._

With this setup, you can highlight/select the video and move it up or down to control what is seen between the two black bands.

Please review and consider. Please let us know the outcome. I have not yet targeted in on what you seek, please give more details.

Thank you.

ATR