5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2015 11:16 PM by colinf34699308

develop module not working in 5.7.1

colinf34699308

Hi, My develop module in light room has stopped working, The image shown on screen is a lower resolution image than the actual image. I installed the canon eos utility on my computer but I am unsure if the develop module had stopped working prior to this. I am running the program on windows 8.1. I have tried uninstalling the prgram but it makes no difference. Could the problem be to do with the paths between the program and storage, I am not into computers so in simple terms would be helpful.

Many thanks, Colin.

• 1. Re: develop module not working in 5.7.1
          mcucinat Level 3

please check the icon in the upper right corner of the thumbnail:

Clipboard01.jpg

or in the Histogram window:

Clipboard02.jpg

If this is the case, your Catalog has lost the link to the images.

Maybe you changed the name of the drive containing the pictures (i.e. D: became F:), or you moved the folders from the My Pictures directory.

you should also see a question mark on the folder tree:

Clipboard03.jpg

Right Click (Option click on a Mac) on the folder and click "Find Missing Folder...", then search the folder containing the images. Lightroom will re-link them.

• 2. Re: develop module not working in 5.7.1
            colinf34699308 Level 1

Thanks for the reply, but I checked your recommendations and all seems ok, the pictures do not seem to be missing. Further to my description if on the develop screen you carry out an action for example change the image to black and white. The small picture on the bottom changes to black and white and the image in the navigation window disappears. But there is no change to the main image on the screen.

• 3. Re: develop module not working in 5.7.1
              colinf34699308 Level 1

I have also tried moving the file folders to different drives to see if this would make any difference and managed to get up the question folder in the folder tree for some images, lightroom found the images but would still not allow me to edit them. Basically lightroom is unusable at the moment without any obvious solution. I did consider lightroom cc but I imagine this may have the same issue.

• 4. Re: develop module not working in 5.7.1
                mcucinat Level 3

Indeed, it does not seem a file location issue.

Try these 2 actions:

1) Reset the preferences file

- tur off Lightroom

- go to C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Preferences\

- backup this folder

- delete it

- restart Lightroom

2) check the color profiles

try to check if your monitor color profile is sRGB or if you have an application managing it. Sometimes there are incompatibilities between the ICC profiles versions

• 5. Re: develop module not working in 5.7.1
                  colinf34699308 Level 1

Hi thansk for that,

I checked the sRGB on the monitor and ran colour monki x-rite on the screen and all is ok. Not sure how the settings were changed but pleased to have it working again.