2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2015 3:23 PM by dj_paige

LR CC 15 won't import photos from SD memory card

kaneohebud1

This is my fourth day trying to resolve this problem on my Mac computer with Lightroom CC 2015. With Adobe chat room help, I uninstalled all Adobe products.  We then installed Lightroom CC 2015, Photoshop CC 2015, and Bridge 2015. I ensured all of these had latest versions.

I can download my photos in Adobe Camera Raw and open them in Photoshop CC 2015, but not in Lightroom.

Once again, I tried to download photos from my camera’s memory card (which I have done thousands of times before in LR CC 2014).  Photos could not be imported.  I keep getting the following error messages:

"The following files could not be read..

or:

“Could not copy a file to the requested location.”

When I sought help in the Adobe Forum Community, I was told to modify the read/write permissions on the Folder/Destination.  I don’t even know what that means but I suspect that applies to a Windows machine not a Mac. 

Can anyone help please?

• 1. Re: LR CC 15 won't import photos from SD memory card
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

No, it seems to be even more of an issue on the Mac from my observation. If you don't know how to adjust those settings you can Google "write permissions Mac" and probably get all the information you need.

• 2. Re: LR CC 15 won't import photos from SD memory card
            dj_paige Level 9

You have to look in Lightroom's Import dialog box. On the right hand side is a section named "Destination". There you will find the EXACT folder where Lightroom is trying to write your photo into. Make a note of this EXACT folder. Then, change the permissions on this EXACT folder to WRITE permission.

If it worked properly in previous versions of Lightroom, then it is possible that this Destination directory has been accidentally changed, and in that case, all you need to do is change the destination directory back to whatever it was.