4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2017 3:07 AM by paulav7698711

How can I restart the whole process of installing ADE? so that my ID is registered on computer + ebook reader

annel14093326

Hello, By mistake I downloaded ADE without giving my ID so it has become impossible for me to transfer the books I have bought to my Bookeen.

I have made numerous attempts to erase the ADE program and uploading it again, I have tried changing my ID, to absolutely no avail. My computer seems to be recognised by ADE as unauthorised to transfer ebooks to another device.

HELP ! This is driving me utterly mad. I have bought an ebook device specifically for going on holiday on Friday and am unable to use it. If this cannot be solved by Friday I will definitely give up using this and ever going back to ADE.

Please tell me how to solve this. I can try to go on live chat only on Friday 17th July morning if you will give me the link to the chat (can't find it on ADE website).

Help please!

• 2. Re: How can I restart the whole process of installing ADE? so that my ID is registered on computer + ebook reader
          annel14093326 Level 1

Hello Shreya,

Unfortunately this does not work. I had already tried changing my ID, and I created another one following your link, to no avail.I have now run out of email addresses, so I would appreciate help online or by phone.

Is this possible during the week evening MY time (later afternoon US time) or at latest on Friday July 17 morning MY time ?

(Geneva, i.e. same time as Paris)

I am really getting desparate and totally upset with Adobe. It is by mistake that I first registered 2 weeks ago as "without an ID" because I did not understand the question (in the French version they do not ask for the "ID" but for the "furnisher/seller number"..). I have purchased a Bokeen at a very high price and several e-books and I have cancelled and dowloaded several times ADE, changed ID name,  but it seems that my PC has been identified by your programs as "unauthorised" whatever I do.

I am a client, have paid for my e-book device, for the e-books, and cannot access to them because of Adobe. This is not good advertising for your company!!

Frankly if this cannot be solved this week I will really consider bringing everything back to the shop and never use ADE again.

I sure hope you can help me...

Anne

To: Anne LFK <anne_lf2004@yahoo.co.uk>

Sent: Monday, 13 July 2015, 7:02

Subject:  How can I restart the whole process of installing ADE? so that my ID is registered on computer + ebook reader

How can I restart the whole process of installing ADE? so that my ID is registered on computer + ebook reader

created by shreya in Adobe Digital Editions - View the full discussionSolution to your problem:Adobe Digital Editions – Anonymous Activation Thanks If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7748128#7748128 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7748128#7748128 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Adobe Digital Editions by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 3. Re: How can I restart the whole process of installing ADE? so that my ID is registered on computer + ebook reader
            pepib47076765

hi

I have exactly the same problem. I followed the advice to link to anonymous ID , BUT having filled it in was told "we already have an ID with this e mail address"

I am totally fed up as have wasted an hour and no further. Is there anyway I can phone Adobe?

• 4. Re: How can I restart the whole process of installing ADE? so that my ID is registered on computer + ebook reader
              paulav7698711

Hi everyone! My ereader used to tell me that when I wanted to open an ebook I had already downloaded into ADM on my computer that I was unauthorized to do so because it was already  authorized by another ID, even though I use the same adobe id for both reader and computer. I found a thread in German which solved my problem. someone with the same problem called support and got this answer:

reset your ereader completely

then you have to choose again wifi, language, time etc

afterwards start ADE on your computer, only then connect the ereader to the computer

ADE should now recognize the ebook

click on the little wheel next to the reader in ADE and authorize the device--> all books will be syncronized to the ereader

hope that helps!