We are aware of some issues with the online installer on Windows XP and the team that handles the online installer (the one hanging at 50%) is investigating why this is happening. While Piyush has already given you the link to the offline installer, if you have a few minutes we'd like you to generate verbose installer logs for the online installer. If so, please do the following:
- Create an empty text file named ADM.trace inside your %temp% directory (usually C:\Documents and Settings\<YourUserID>\Local Settings\Temp\). The file extension itself is .trace, not .txt or anything else.
- To create the empty text file, navigate to the %temp% directory, right-click in an empty area and select New > Text Document
- Rename the new file to ADM.trace
- Note: make sure file extensions are visible so that the extension is .trace and not .txt. See Show or hide file name extensions - Windows Help
- Go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer and download the installer
- Run the online installer again until it stops
- When the installation stops, gather the two files, Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log, in the C:\Documents and Settings\<YourUserID>\Local Settings\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs directory
- Upload the files using the The specified item was not found. instructions.
- Post the URL to the files in your reply.