Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having problems installing Flash Player 18 on Windows 7

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2015 Jul 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I always update Flash Player when prompted, and I am trying to install Flash Player 18 on my Windows 7 PC following a prompt to update it, but I am having problems.

I click the ‘update’ button and then click ‘run’ when prompted. I then get a message telling me to close some applications, which is not something I’ve ever encountered before; previously the update has just happened. It asks me to close Internet Explorer, which I do, and also to close ‘flashplayer18axau_be_install.’ I don’t know what this is, but I then follow the instructions in the help topic to load Windows Task Manager and find it under ‘Processes.’ This tab then shows me flashplayer18axau_be_install.exe *32’, and I then click to ‘end process’ as the topic says. The installation process then subsequently closes; it looks to me like it wants me to close the update process in order to continue the update process!

Can you tell me what you think the issue might be here, and how I can resolve it?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2015 Jul 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you try the following

1. download the installers and save them to your local disk:
  2. close all browser windows(*), then run the downloaded installers

*) plus everything that uses Flash Player, e.g. Skype etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mattgaltress,

We recently removed the requirement to close open applications during installation for certain installation types (e.g. when Flash is not installed, or during an upgrade).  However, when re-installing the same version, open applications that use Flash need to be closed.  It appears that is what's happening.

flashplayer18axau_be_install.exe is the online installer.  If you're terminating this in Task Manager, then you're terminating the installer.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines