1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 16, 2015 1:28 PM by MACnTUTOR

    "An Internal Error Occurred" - For the past 2 days suddenly I can't open Fireworks

    Lola111 Level 1

      I am using Fireworks CS6, and until 2 days ago it as working fine. The only thing that changed was a Windows 8 update, which may or may not be related. Now when I try opening Fireworks I get the message "an internal error occurred" and I can't get rid of the message. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling fireworks and updating other software in case there was a link. None of the fixes I found online have worked. Please help.

        • 1. Re: "An Internal Error Occurred" - For the past 2 days suddenly I can't open Fireworks
          MACnTUTOR Level 3

          McAfee FIX 1

          McAfee anti-virus can cause this. Download the Microsoft redistributable package from http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=13523.

           

          McAfee FIX 2

          Instead of uninstalling McAfee, right click on the McAfee icon/change settings/Real Time../Parameters/

          Into first topic , change  from "ALL files ( Recommended)" to Program&Documents Only.

           

          McAfee FIX 3

          other option is to pause real time scan for a while

           


           

           

          In that folder, change the name (to simulate a delete) or actually delete the following.

           

          image

          image

          Language directory: image

          I personally added a _ after them.

          image

          for example. This makes it easy to restore if needed.

          Start Fireworks

          After that, you start Fireworks, and you are done. It will recreate these files and the language folder. Error gone, all good.

           


           

          Note that font issues often seem at the core of it all.

          You might be able to save your work, even though the error has already cropped up, by simply quitting your font-management software. On my Mac closing Suitcase Fusion completely elimintated the problem and my documents could ALL be saved.