• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why Can I Not Use My Mouse When Adobe Digital Editions Starts?

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2015 Jul 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

This is Seth, here. I erased the program and ran it on my system again. This has served no great outcome. I am still stuck on a screen that does not allow me to use my mouse when the Digital Editions starts. Is there a patch or some type of update that I need? If so, how can I update or use this patch if ADE prevents me from using my mouse? I have about 140 books in ePub format on my ADE. I stated earlier that I had only 40. I was wrong. I have about 140 books. Are the entire 140 ePub books too much for ADE to handle?

Sincerely,

Seth

P.S. Please try to contact me if others are having this issue too. If there are any patches, please let me know.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Hello Everyone,

I have found via my personal computer a system within Windows 7. This system is under Programs. You go to Action Center under Programs. On the bottom, left corner states Windows Compatibility Trouble Shooter. Click this list of words. Use it with any program you are having trouble with in your OS. You can pick from a list of each Program you have.

I went to this selection system under Programs and clicked on Action Center. I then clicked on Windows Compatibility Trouble Shooter. Up

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2015 Jul 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Again,

I looked over what the Adobe site offers before downloading. There are not that many options in relation to trouble-shooting. Can someone please provide support if it is okay? I cannot figure out how to search my 140 (plus) books in my ADE. Please provide support or some type of how-to/trouble-shooting guide on ADE.

Sincerely,

Seth

P.S. Maybe hiring out could prove beneficial if there are complications with mouse usage while ADE runs. I cannot be the only person out there with mouse troubles every time I open ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I guess it is just my computer. I just had some complications with some Git Hub software for the desktop. I erased the Git Hub software for the desktop and the Digital Editions from Adobe. I really need an ePub reader because I have so many books that are ePub now. Is there another version of your ADE software that is better and has more room to have things inside of it?

Sincerely,

Seth

P.S. I am basically looking to make things work correctly and I have a lot of books to hold in that specific software reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Everyone,

I have found via my personal computer a system within Windows 7. This system is under Programs. You go to Action Center under Programs. On the bottom, left corner states Windows Compatibility Trouble Shooter. Click this list of words. Use it with any program you are having trouble with in your OS. You can pick from a list of each Program you have.

I went to this selection system under Programs and clicked on Action Center. I then clicked on Windows Compatibility Trouble Shooter. Up came a prompt. I used this prompt to pick my Adobe Digital Editions 4.0.3 or whatever version I have now. I ran the diagnostic and another prompt came to change the Compatibility to XP. I did so...it works for now. If I have more trouble in the future, I will know to erase the program, download the same program, and then apply this Windows Compatibility Trouble Shooter to my methods that have ceased to work.

This should explain things well or keep you guessing but this is exactly where to go in Windows 7 to find out about the trouble you are having and how to solve it.

Sincerely,

Seth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines