5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2015 9:53 AM by A.T. Romano

dvd HD iso in PE11 ?

fredowww66 Level 1

I know it's not possible in PE11 to make a blu ray iso (you can only direct burn on blu ray).

My project is short (23 minutes) and I want to make a H264 DVD for playing on blu ray players.

Is possible for HD DVD to burn an iso in PE11 (so that I don't have to render all again if they ask me another copy ...). ?

• 1. Re: dvd HD iso in PE11 ?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Not in version 11.

Version 13 added the option to create an ISO for BluRay or AVCHD discs. Prior to that, you had the option to burn DVD files to a folder but other options were for direct burn only.

• 2. Re: dvd HD iso in PE11 ?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

fredowww66

If you have Premiere Elements 11, you could explore the use of the Phantom burner in conjunction with Premiere Elements 11 to produce your  iso image.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Disc Image/Phantom Burner & PE

I have not used the Phantom Burner approach in a while. It may or may not suit your requirements, but worthwhile to explore. You should be able to produce the AVCHD or Blu-ray iso image on a virtual DVD+RW or BD-RE disc respectively with this virtual burner which is available to you in the burner location of the Premiere Elements 11 project's burn dialog. If you need supplemental information on how to get that to work for you, please let me know.

Although Adobe introduced AVCHD and Blu-ray ISO Image burn to option in Premiere Elements 13/13.1, the process is seriously flawed with regard to the size of the .iso file produced and player lack of recognition for the disc that uses that .iso file.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 13: ISO Image File Size Issue

ATR

Add On...edited after much earlier original post to correct DVD-RW to DVD+RW.

• 3. Re: dvd HD iso in PE11 ?
              fredowww66 Level 1

I see that phantom burner is not freeware ...

I have created the HD-DVD with PE11 direct burn, from this real DVD I've made an iso with the freeware img burn.

If I use now this iso to burn again a HD DVD (just with img burn) will this HD DVD work or is this to simple ?

• 4. Re: dvd HD iso in PE11 ?
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I'm not sure why you took the extra step to create an ISO as an intermediatary file. If you're just making copies of your AVCHD disc, you just can make a copy.

But, that said, yes, your process should work.

• 5. Re: dvd HD iso in PE11 ?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

fredowww66

Referring to your reply 3 to me

The Phantom Burner appears to have an endless free trial provided that your image creation is 1.4 GB or less for DVD or BD and 50 MB for CD. I have only used Phantom Burner trial for years and successfully within those confines for my purposes.  I have no promotional interests in this product nor the company that produces it. If those confines work for you, then please take another look at the endless free trial of the Phantom Burner.

But, you seem to have found a workaround for the Premiere Elements 11 no ISO Image choice in the burn to. You asked

If I use now this iso to burn again a HD DVD (just with img burn) will this HD DVD work or is this to simple ?

I am not sure if that is a rhetorical question. But, my answer to that is that....with your workaround, you can get an AVCHD .iso file from that process that can be taken to DVD disc for your AVCHD DVD. I have been there and can do that as you write. But, the question that I would ask you "Can you play that final AVCHD DVD on your blu-ray player that supports AVCHD DVD or one of those multi media players that is supposed to support AVCHD DVD?". I can play my end product AVCHD DVD in your workaround using the CyberLink software that came with my Blu-ray burner. But, I do not have a standalone Blu-ray player or other player that is said to support AVCHD DVD in order to determine if it supports "my end product AVCHD DVD" from your 11 workaround.

In following your workaround, I am ending with an iso file on the AVCHD DVD disc whereas with Premiere Elements 13/13.1 burn to AVCHD DVD ISO Image, I am ending with a BDMV Folder. Although the end result looks the same, wondering if it makes a difference to the player if it is interpreting an .iso file (copy of BDMV Folder in a different format) the same as it would be interpreting the folders/files within a folder named BDMV.

Any insights in the results that you have gotten on this would be appreciated...including the file size of the .iso image that you took to the final AVCHD DVD and the player results.

Thank you.

ATR