1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 13, 2015 11:16 AM by Szalam

Why do you keep removing GREAT features like render multi-frames and vector paint?

loose1d

The software isn't getting any faster and every CC version has less and less. Afx is back to not utilizing all cpus again.

"The new architecture will allow a future version of After Effects to utilize processor threads and RAM more efficiently than the Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously functionality ever could."

WHY? It was working fine in the last version 2014!!!

Stop this!!

Vector pain was a tremendous loss and now this?

Please start treating your user base like Professionals who actually RELY on your software!

• 1. Re: Why do you keep removing GREAT features like render multi-frames and vector paint?
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Javier Castro wrote:

The new architecture will allow a future version of After Effects to utilize processor threads and RAM more efficiently than the Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously functionality ever could."

WHY? It was working fine in the last version 2014!!!

No it wasn't. There were a number of effects or even certain EXPRESSIONS that would kill multiprocessing. Seriously - the wrong kind of expression could kill it and make the whole composition render on a single core. Good luck figuring out which of your layers in all of your precomps has the offending expression!

Multiprocessing was a decades-old kludge to try to make AE's aging architecture use multi-core processors. When it worked, it was nice, but the system was NOT "fine". In fact, if you spent much time on these forums over the past few years the refrain "broken multiprocessing" would be rather familiar to your ears.

There are some pieces of good news:

1. There is a new version in the works that will be better than the old one. (Finally!)

2. You can still use multiprocessing now. Simply open a project in CC 2014 (even if it was created in CC 2015) and render it out. This is what I do. I make use of the improved expression handling, snappier interface, etc. in CC 2015 and then (if it's a project that would utilize multiprocessing), I render in CC 2014.