5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2016 8:15 AM by troyj24336337

When a pdf file is opened in Acrobat from the web, how can I save this file locally? [Android]

Dockster9

There should be an option to save file to...

• 1. Re: When a pdf file is opened in Acrobat from the web, how can I save this file locally?
          MobileDeveloperCK Adobe Employee

Hi,

Are you using the desktop app on a Windows/Mac computer or the mobile app on an iPad/iPhone or Android tablet/phone?

What is the version of the operating system on your computer/device?

• 2. Re: When a pdf file is opened in Acrobat from the web, how can I save this file locally?
            Dockster9 Level 1

Using it on android.  Galaxy s4 , android 4.4.2. 

• 3. Re: When a pdf file is opened in Acrobat from the web, how can I save this file locally? [Android]
              Abhishamster Level 4

Currently, the option where you can save the file is 'Save to Document Cloud' when you click on Menu Icon on the top right corner under Viewer.

However, if you want to save the file to a different location/s on your device then you need to have a File Explorer like ES File Explorer. If it is available on your device then open the PDF in Acrobat Reader and click on Share icon on the bottom right corner.

Then you will get 2 options, 'Share' and 'Share Public Link'. Click on 'Share' and you will get an option 'ES Save to...' which you can use to save the PDF at a different location on the device.

I hope this will be helpful for you.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: When a pdf file is opened in Acrobat from the web, how can I save this file locally? [Android]
                Abhishamster Level 4

Also what you can do is to print the document as PDF only and save it to a different location on your device.

Open the PDF in Acrobat Reader on your Galaxy phone and click on Print  option under Menu Icon on the top right corner.

On the next window select 'Save as PDF' from the printer list and click on Turquoise color PDF icon on the top right side which will give you an option to save the pdf on your local internal storage /MicroSD Card.

You can you either of the two. Few steps involved but should work for you.

Let me know which one you favor.

• 5. Re: When a pdf file is opened in Acrobat from the web, how can I save this file locally? [Android]
                  troyj24336337

Really? So these are the new steps we have to go through just to save a file directly to our device? Saving / Downloading a file directly from the internet used to be a no brainer, there used to be a download symbol and with one click the whole thing was over...so which genius decided to take away such a necessary basic function and replace it with the option to upload a document cloud? I wasted 40 minutes yesterday trying to save one measly pdf file from the internet. I unwillingly signed up to adobe document cloud only to receive an error message while attempting to upload the file. And this is exactly why I hate cloud storage, the additional steps to save a file create more possibilities of things going wrong. I don't have a regular internet connection to acess data stored online in cloud whenever I need to view a file and then to face problems with error messages while uploading or trying to view my account just drives me over the edge. I like to take the most direct shortest route to a resolution such as downloading directly with the push of a button. Because I'm simply jinxed and accident prone I try to avoid the complications that always seem to arise for me. So the more variables you add to a process the more its likely to create problems. And for me cloud is a mistake waiting to happen.