2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2015 1:42 PM by olivierledoc

Why my digital video camera (mini DV) is not detected by Elements 13 ?

olivierledoc

Working on a PC Windows 7 64bits equiped with a FireWire card. Cannot detect my digital video camera (Thomson VDM9, miniDV cassettes)

Is it normal with Elements 13 (evaluation version) ? or do I have a configuration issue ?

Additional coment: it does not work also with Adobe Element 4 on this new PC ... it was on my old one.

Thanks for your ideas.

• 1. Re: Why my digital video camera (mini DV) is not detected by Elements 13 ?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

olivierledoc

Adobe has removed DV and HDV data capture firewire to Premiere Elements Capture Windows for its latest version 13. The last version that has this feature is 12/12.1. The following Adobe document gives its suggested workaround for this situation in 13.

Removed features and unsupported file formats | Adobe Premiere Elements 13

You could explore the following to obtain the captures to be imported into Premiere Elements with its Expert workspace's Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets.

WinDV   WinDV

HDVSplit   http://www.videohelp.com/software/HDVSplit

We could discuss possible troubleshooting for the Premiere Elements 4 failed captures, assumed using a firewire connection.

Please review and consider, and then we can decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Why my digital video camera (mini DV) is not detected by Elements 13 ?
            olivierledoc Level 1

Hi Romano,

I've tried your WinDV solution. That works fine: GREAT THANKS ! It will allow me to restart my work on my children videos.

I've been robbed few weeks ago and everything was lost except the original DV cassettes and my camera.

Concenring Adobe 4, i would be interested to solve the issue if you have advice.

For more details I would say my camera is a Thomson DVM9. I did not find the pilotes anywhere on the Web but Windows has used pilote 6.1.7600.16385

I must precise that I encountered some problem during registration of the product ... possibly due to the fact that I have already installed Premiere Element 4 on my previous computers (already installed 3 times ). If I remember well, I had to update something on Premiere Element 4 but I don't remember what it was about.

I confirm I use a FireWire connection.

The host controller is a VIA 1394 compatible OHCI, pilote version 6.1.7601.17514: it seems to work well

MANY THANKS again for your help.

Regards