3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2015 8:22 AM by A.T. Romano

how to erase a clip without closing a gap

Jutta Salfner

how to erase a clip without closing a gap?

• 1. Re: how to erase a clip without closing a gap
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Jutta Salfner

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Please supply more details as to your Timeline sequence and the problems that you are having deleting the clip and leaving a gap where the clip had been before the deletion.

Generalizing for now, you should be able to right click the clip and select Delete rather than Delete and Close Gap.

Looking forward to more details for us to help you find the answer that you seek.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: how to erase a clip without closing a gap
            Jutta Salfner Level 1

Hallo,

I'm using P.E.13 on a Windows system.

I just realized, that I may erase a highlighted clip without closing

the gap only if the current time-indicator is upon that clip. Now it

works.

Thank you very much!

Jutta Salfner

• 3. Re: how to erase a clip without closing a gap
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Jutta salfner

Thanks for the follow up report that you were able to delete a clip without closing the gap that it created in the Timeline content.

However, I must tell you that it should not make any difference where the Timeline Indicator is once you highlight the clip and use Delete from the computer keyboard or Edit Menu/Delete in the project.

Consequently, although you have achieved you goal, the means are questionable. Please look at this in a new project and determine if you find that the position of the Timeline Indicator does not matter for the deletion in this case....highlighting/selecting the clip, followed by Delete should be the focus.

Best wishes

ATR