3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2015 1:19 PM by A.T. Romano

Stitch videos together at a particular angle or position from the viewer!

johcal47

Hi,

I'm doing some experiments in 3D video using Oculus Rift and I just wanted to try first up with stitching three 2D videos, completely different from each other (each video with a person talking) and align them such that each person in those three videos are at a specific angle from the viewer (Oculus user). I'll be viewing the stitched video using Oculus Rift. So my question is, is it possible to stitch these three videos together to form a 360 deg video such that each video is at a specific angle from the viewer, for example, those three people in the video are at angles (-45 - - 0 - - 45) with respect to the viewer.

Thank you so much for your time and help.

• 1. Re: Stitch videos together at a particular angle or position from the viewer!
          A.T. Romano Level 7

johcal47

At this point, I am understanding what you seek basically as a split screen effect (3 parts) with the left and right at 45 degree angle facing the center part of this three part split screen effect.

If that is the case, I would suggest that you explore the Effects' Perspective/Basic 3D effect where you set the Tilt to 0 and just adjust swivel - or + 45 degrees. In such effect, each of the 3 sources would be on its own track and each stacked in relation to the others. The Effects' Transform/Horizontal Flip could be used to change the direction in which the person is facing in a clip.

Please supply more details/information on what you seek to determine if I am anywhere near what you are describing.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Stitch videos together at a particular angle or position from the viewer!
            johcal47 Level 1

Thank you for your insight on that. Pardon me if I was unclear. Let me try to put this straight. When the Oculus viewer rotates his head by - or +45 degrees, he/she should see the corresponding scene at that specific angle. I am not necessarily required to rotate or tilt the clip in our scene,but to present each clip at a particular angle when viewed in the Oculus screen. So using the head tracking in our Oculus module, we will get the angle output. In general, the angle of horizontal rotation of the clip (swivel) and angle with which the viewer sees the clip (head tracking angle) are, in my opinion, independent. I need to find a relation between these two so that when I arrange my clips in a particular way will give me a particular angle when viewed using the Oculus with head tracking. Hope I described it better, if not feel free to dialogue and clarify.

Thank you.

• 3. Re: Stitch videos together at a particular angle or position from the viewer!
              A.T. Romano Level 7

johncal

Thank you for the reply.

I still do not know what version of Premiere Elements is involved nor the computer on which it is running.

Nonetheless, based on your description of what you seek, I think that your question should be directed to the Oculus Rift Forum and not the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum.

Official Oculus Rift VR Forums | Oculus VR Forums

The following part of your reply forces me to that conclusion.

In general, the angle of horizontal rotation of the clip (swivel) and angle with which the viewer sees the clip (head tracking angle) are, in my opinion, independent. I need to find a relation between these two so that when I arrange my clips in a particular way will give me a particular angle when viewed using the Oculus with head tracking.

Placement of video on the Premiere Elements Timeline can be as is or manipulated by effects such as perspective 3D and distortion as examples. How then are you expecting Premiere Elements Timeline clip placement to get Oculus to give you the display that you want? Your answer may be in the video recording rather than in the video editing?

We can discuss this further if you feel that I am overlooking a critical part of your expectations for Premiere Elements in all this. Please update us on your progress as your schedule permits.

Thanks.

ATR