6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2015 1:26 PM by A.T. Romano
      • 1. Re: what steps are needed to burn dvd from premiere elements 12
        boymarine Level 1

is there anyone out there can help me

• 2. Re: what steps are needed to burn dvd from premiere elements 12
          A.T. Romano Level 7

boymarine

This is not Adobe. Rather user to user.

What do you want to put on this DVD disc....a slideshow created in the Elements Organizer 12 Slideshow Editor so that it can be transferred to Premiere Elements 12/12.1 for burn to disc as DVD-VIDEO standard or widescreen on DVD disc?

Or, do you want to create the presentation solely in Premiere Elements and then burn to disc

DVD-VIDEO standard or widescreen on DVD disc

AVCHD on DVD disc

Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc?

If you are not sure about what you want yet, then please give us some idea what you want to produce and how you want your viewers to view it.

And, tell us what you plan to put into this presentation -

photos (what pixel dimensions and how many)

videos (format and duration)?

Please review, consider, supply details, and then we can put together a plan to produce the video presentation that you seek. Any questions or need clarification, please ask. If you have Photoshop Elements or Lightroom specific questions, it is to your advantage to create your thread in the Adobe Forum that focuses on one of those programs. But, let us assess what needs to be done first.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: what steps are needed to burn dvd from premiere elements 12
            boymarine Level 1

Thanks for your reply all that I want to do is get a good copy of a DVD that I can see on my TV. If there is a web site or youtube that shows

all of the steps please let me know, because I have tried to look every place. Also I am using Cyberlink power2go 10, and all I get is flustration

and errors. It does not burn to DVD.

Thanks,  for your cooperation

Carl

• 4. Re: what steps are needed to burn dvd from premiere elements 12
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Carl

1. You need to tell us what you are going to put on the DVD....photos, videos, music....and you include details of each

Photos pixel dimensions and how many

Videos resolution and duration

2. Based on "1", you need to establish the project settings for the project and those project settings need to agree with the properties in "1".

3. You import the files into the project which has been set properly, and edit as you want...transitions, effects, titles, etc. If there are menus going in this production, then you place scene markers at the scenes in the content. Do not put a stop marker at the end of the last item on the Timeline. When Done, you go to "4".

4. You go to Tools Menu/Movie Menu/ and select your Movie Menu theme (these involve content download before use, so do that by right clicking the theme's thumbnail blue band and select Download Now for the particular theme. Do not have the project set markers since you have done that already yourself.

5. Move to Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc and select the preset of NTSC_DolbyDVD if you have set for a 4:3 project and the preset NTSC_Widescreen_DolbyDVD if you hve set for a 16:9 project.

All of this depends on you setting up the project correctly by knowing the project settings which are based on the properties of what you are putting on the Timeline.

Sometimes there are problems in Premiere Elements burn to, such as burner and disc recognition. If the burner and DVD disc are recognized by the program's burn dialog, all is on the path to success.

But, details first and then we will point you further in the right direction for success. Start with "1" and we will work through this detail after detail.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: what steps are needed to burn dvd from premiere elements 12
                boymarine Level 1

Thanks again for your grateful reply  I am going to put vacation photos and videos and the DVD,s with some music in the background for the photos

• 6. Re: what steps are needed to burn dvd from premiere elements 12
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

boymarine

Thanks for the reply.

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12/12.1 running?

Please let us know the pixel dimensions of your photos (width and height in pixels) and how many are going into this project.

Also, what is the format of your video....if you do not know, what is the brand/model/settings for the camera that recorded the video....maybe 1080p30 or 1080p25? Is your set up for NTSC or PAL?

And, then the rest will fall into place.

Thanks.

ATR