4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2015 4:20 AM by Colin Holgate

Motion Tween not working properly.

microwavable spam

I'm trying to make a looping animation with motion tweens, and for it to look good while looping, I want to take the first key frame of the animation, and place it at the end, And have a key frame a while before it motion tween up into it. In the motion tween, nothing is happening.

If you don't understand, look at this screenshot: Screenshot_1.png

• 1. Re: Motion Tween not working properly.
          microwavable spam Level 1

If you know what a classic tween is, you put one keyframe at the beginning and put another keyframe at the end of where you want the tween, and in between them, you put a classic tween, and it fills in the changes between the two frames with generated motion. You can do the same with motion tweening, but in this case, I can't get it to happen.

• 2. Re: Motion Tween not working properly.
            Colin Holgate MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Those last frames are unique keyframes, no difference frames from the previous keyframes. So, it will stay looking like the previous keyframe, then jump to the unique keyframes.

The last frames need to look like the frames just before the gray range of frames.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Motion Tween not working properly.
              microwavable spam Level 1

Ignore the first tween part and look at the last one. The last frame is the same as the first, and the long middle one is different. I want the middle one to tween into the last frame, but it won't work. The only way I could get the tween to work was to go to the last frame of the tween and change the position of something, which won't be the same as the last/first frame, which would look really bad for a looping animation.

• 4. Re: Motion Tween not working properly.
                Colin Holgate MVP & Adobe Community Professional

On the general problem of wanting a perfect loop, you would make the last frame identical to the first frame, then on the frame before the last one you put in keyframes on all layers, and then you delete the last frame, in all layers.

The end result is that instead of seeing the same moment for two consecutive frames, you see the correct positions, because it will have already looped to the first frame again.

1 person found this helpful