1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 14, 2015 4:24 PM by johndeckert

Delete files from Catalog and Disk in Lightroom?

johndeckert

I want to find duplicate image files and delete all but one from my Lightroom catalog AND FROM THE DISK ITSELF.

can anyone recommend a method for doing this most efficiently?

I must see the images side by side in preview to choose what to toss and what to keep because some files have a different image but the same file name.  This is a result of sloppy organization and also images coming off several cameras with similar naming sequences.

the Lightroom Catalog I'm working from is 60,000 + images with MANY dupes.

• 1. Re: Delete files from Catalog and Disk in Lightroom?
          johndeckert Level 1

Sorry for the noob question but through another post I found the simple answer.  I look at ALL PHOTOGRAPHS in the catalog.  Then select a whole group of individual files that are to be slated for trashing.  I can either hit the DELETE key (DELETE in the EDIT MENU is not active) or hold don the CONTROL KEY (on a Mac) and select DELETE.  A choice is given to remove the image from the catalog or what I choose  is REMOVE IMAGE FROM DISK.  I've got a lot of files to go through but this makes my work a LOT easier.  Thank you ADOBE!