6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2015 12:56 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements publish to PC rendering issues?

ralphh94531645

Hi all,

I'm just learning Elements, this is probably just noob user error, but, I've created a video with 3 video layers.  These are all images.  Two play together (video merge) with panning, and then end, then the third plays. 

If I render and play back in Elements it look great.  If i publish it to PC I have issues;

If I publish as a .mpg i just get audio, no video.  if i publish to .mp4 I get one of the two layered videos (the top one, ie the merge has not worked) followed by video 3.

Any help would be much appreciated

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements publish to PC rendering issues?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

ralphh

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running? Windows 8 or 8.1 64 bit or other?

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements? What player are you using for the playback of the MPEG2.mpg? Are the programs being run as administrator?

If you import the Premiere Elements MPEG2.mpg or .mp4 export into a new Premiere Elements project, what do you see....is everything there are or are there missing parts compared to the original video in the first project?

Let us start here and then decide what next based on the details of your reply.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements publish to PC rendering issues?
            ralphh94531645 Level 1

Hi There,

Thanks for picking this one up.

I'm using Premiere Elements13 on Windows 8.1 64 bit.

I do not have quicktime installed at all; I try to avoid most apple software as it seems to have a mind of it's own and hog resources.

I was using windows media player for the playback of both.

If I add them into Elements in a new project they both look the same (step forward); they both have the top video of my merge playing follwed by video #3, so it's just the video merge that is not rendering properly at export time.

All programs are running as admin. 

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements publish to PC rendering issues?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

ralphh

Thanks for the follow up.

First thing you need to do is install the latest version of QuickTime on your computer. It is part of the system requirements. Besides many, one consequence is not having QuickTime presets for Publish+Share/Computer/QuickTime exports.

System requirements | Adobe Premiere Elements

Next, there is a known playback problem with video with MPEG2 video compression when it involves the Windows 8 or 8.1 Windows Media Player. This is a Microsoft not Premiere Elements issue.

As much as you would prefer to keep your computer as light as possible, please do the following and then let us know if any or all of your problems resolve.

a. install QuickTime latest version

and

b. install VLC player for playback of MPEG2 video

VideoLAN - Download official VLC media player for Windows

Looking forward to your results. If any questions or need clarification on above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements publish to PC rendering issues?
                ralphh94531645 Level 1

Both installed and PC rebooted

Behavior unchanged sadly. 

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements publish to PC rendering issues?
                  ralphh94531645 Level 1

Ok, I've side-stepped it by swapping Viedomerge for lumakey.

If you want to carry on debugging Videomerge to help the community I'm happy to keep trying stuff

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements publish to PC rendering issues?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

ralphh

Thanks for the update. Let us recap so that we know that we are in sync on the details.

What is the project preset for this project....if you do not know, please tell us what you see for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio (even if the field look grayed out) under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General? What are the properties of what you are bringing to the project, especially 4:3 or 16:9?

What did you fix with replacement of Videomerge with lumakey? Both MPEG and MP4 export versions or just MP4 one?

1. MPEG export.

For this one you say that the export has audio put no video when played back in Windows Media Player on Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Given: you now download install QuickTime (latest version) and VLC player.

Do you now get the play back (video + audio) using VLC player?

Is this MPEG export affected in any way by the Videomerge issue? Are you saying that the Videomerge effect looks OK in the export in this MPEG export?

What are the specific Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG settings that you use...preset, and whether you use the default settings or customize the preset under the Advanced Button of the preset.

2. MPEG4 export.

What are the specific Publish+Share/Computer/ settings for this route....preset question included.

Is the problem with this route just the problem with the Videomerge effect?

Thanks.

ATR