5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2015 2:50 PM by rthomasgarfield

Lightroom printouts don't match cell size

rthomasgarfield

Lightroom Printouts smaller than cell size

Up until this week my Lightroom 6.1 to Pixma Pro-100 printing routine has been operating well.  This week when I printed some test photos on 4x6 Canon Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss from Lightroom 6.1 on my Apple Mac Pro Quad-Xeon, the Lightroom cell size in the Print module was set to 3.493 x 5.5 inches, but the actual printed cell on the 4x6 paper was 2.38 x 3.72 inches.  Lightroom is up to date (version 6.1, Camera Raw 9.1) and I'm running Yosemite 10.10.4 on the Mac Pro, also up to date.   There are no error codes from the printer when I examine the print queue, just the reduced size printing on 4x6 and 8.5x11 paper, gloss and semi-gloss, both Canon papers. The photos are from a Fuji X-T1 in .RAF format, supported by the current versions of Lightroom and Yosemite.

This happened with or without the Scale to Fit Paper Size flag being set in the Printer dialog box under the Paper Handling section. I repeated this test three times on 4x6 Canon paper, with the same result using the Canon ICC profiles driving the color.  I then switched to a different image on 8.5 x 11 Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, with a Lightroom cell size set to 5.104 x 7.437 inches on the paper, but the printed cell size was 4.34 x 5.31 inches.  In both cases I verified the paper selected in the Library, Develop and Print modules of Lightroom 6.1 were all set to same size, either 4x6 or 8.5x11 as appropriate. 

I routinely print at reduced sizes to check tone and contrast before committing to full size 13x19 prints but am now avoiding doing any printing until I can be sure the cell sizes I want for full size prints will be the cell sizes the printer produces.  

I've tried different images and orientations (landscape and portrait), and tried Scale to Fit Paper Size flagged on and off in the printer dialog box under the Paper Handling section. 

As another test, I printed both photos from within the Canon Print Studio Pro application supplied with the Canon Pixma Pro-100 to 4 x 6 Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy II and they printed to correct size, so I'm pretty sure the printer is functioning correctly, but somethings is amiss within Lightroom, perhaps a flag inadvertently set, but I can't find anything different from when I've printed before at exactly the sizes specified in the cell dimensions of the Print module.  I have 2/3 ink remaining in most tanks, 1/3 in the remaining, so ink supply shouldn't be a factor. 

Any help in troubleshooting would be appreciated.

Rich Thomas, rthomasgarfield@comcast.net