4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2015 11:27 AM by A.T. Romano

Create new audio file from much larger file

garrettw79816522

I've got one large .wav audio file for narration with multiple takes on it (it was easier to do it this way since we were borrowing a studio). How can I cut up the different takes, rename them, and then save them as separate audio files in the Elements Organizer? So far I can cut and duplicate but not save as new (smaller) file. It still shows it as the original file, just duplicated.

• 1. Re: Create new audio file from much larger file
          A.T. Romano Level 7

garrettw

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

For now, thinking Premiere Elements 13/13.1 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit

In principle, it would be expected that you can selectively export segments of your audio using Publish+Share/Computer/Audio with preset for Windows Waveform.

Two requirements to do that

1. In the Edit area, you position the grabs of the Work Area Bar to span just the segment for export.

and

2. In the Publish+Share/Computer/Audio you have a check mark next to the option "Share Work Area Bar Only".

Please review, consider, and supply more details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Create new audio file from much larger file
            A.T. Romano Level 7

garrettw

Here are some "just in case you need them" supplements to the selective export of your audio segments.

Gray tabs of Work Area Bar

WorkAreaBar.JPG

In this screenshot, the gray tabs span the whole Timeline content. To get them to span just the segment that you want,

Move the Timeline Indicator to the beginning of the segment, as you hold down the Alt key of the computer main keyboard, hit the left bracket key [

Move the Timeline Indicator to the end of the segment, as you hold down the Alt key of the computer main keyboard, hit the right bracket key ]

You can also move those gray tabs into place by moving them with the mouse cursor.

ATR

• 3. Re: Create new audio file from much larger file
              garrettw79816522 Level 1

This worked! I just tested it. Thank you so very much!

Side note: That is a lot of steps and they should look into shortcutting it and making it faster. I can't be the only person who wants to save certain clips out of larger files.

Again, thank you so much!

• 4. Re: Create new audio file from much larger file
                A.T. Romano Level 7

garrettw

Thanks with the follow up with the great news that the selective export of your Timeline worked for you. Well done.

This is not Adobe. Rather user to user. And, I have no insider information on Adobe's feature plans. You might consider filing one of those Adobe Feature Request Bug Report Forms.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

There are not that many steps involved in the process of selective Timeline content exporting unless you are referring to having to do exporting one segment at a time rather than batch exporting. If so, Premiere Elements has never seen a batch export feature from at least version 2 to 13 (current version).

Best wishes with your projects.

ATR