4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2015 11:43 AM by ManiacJoe

Locate Files

melanieduerkopp

Lightroom CC is giving me a hard time "locating" files.

I select all the files I want to relink. I then click on the "!' on the top right corner of the image, once I locate that file I make sure to have the "find nearby missing photos" option is selected and then hit "select" however lightroom will only link 1 images not all images selected.

I've tried it with a different session and I had no problem relinking 300+ images.

any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Locate Files
          ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

I am pretty sure that multi-select does not help with finding missing photos.

The first thing to do is to check your Folders panel and "relocate" any upper-level missing folders. This should solve 99% of any problems.

After that, individually find any missing photos.

• 2. Re: Locate Files
            melanieduerkopp Level 1

That is what I am trying to do.

I moved the files since I first imported them into lightroom. when i try to "locate" the files it will only locate one file at a time. I am trying to find a way to batch relocate the images. (and yes I have the "find nearby missing photo" option selected!)

• 3. Re: Locate Files
              johnrellis Most Valuable Participant

In the Library grid view, select one of the photos that is missing (has a "!" on it).  Right-click it and do Go To Folder In Library, which will select the containing folder in the Folders panel on the left.  If the selected folder has a "?" on it:

Untitled.png

that means the entire folder has been moved from where LR thinks it is.

Right-click the folder and do Find Missing Folder.

If it's the parent folder that you moved but the parent is not currently visible in the Folders panel, right-click the folder and do Show Parent Folder.  If the parent folder has a "?" on it, then right-click it and do Find Missing Folder.

• 4. Re: Locate Files
                ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

LR knows the difference between a moved folder and a moved image. You first need to fix the moved folder.