8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2015 12:38 PM by A.T. Romano

Kein Audio

juergen_adobe

Clips vom Format MVI_nnnn.MOV werden ohne Audio abgespielt. Im Elements Organizer ist noch alles ok. Nach dem Import in Elements 10 kommt kein Ton mehr.

• 1. Re: Kein Audio
          A.T. Romano Level 7

juergen_adobe

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements?

Please clarify. There may be something getting lost in the translation.

1. You report that you have a .mov that plays without audio. Where is that - in the Elements Organizer or the Premiere Elements Editor?

2. What do you mean by "After the import in item 10 no sound comes"? Is "item 10" = Premiere Elements 10 Editor or something else? Are your issues only in the Elements Organizer?

3. What is the brand/model/settings for the camera that recorded this video?

Please clarify your details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Kein Audio
            juergen_adobe Level 1

Hi ATR,

I am using Premiere Elements 10 on a MAC OSX 10

Quick time player version is 10.3

The camera is Canon EOS 550 D

So far no issues, bur now....no sound

Thanks

JB

• 3. Re: Kein Audio
              A.T. Romano Level 7

JB

Thanks for the reply with additional details.

Where is there no sound...Elements Organizer play back of Canon 550D file there or no sound in Premiere Elements or both?

Do you have video/audio file from a different camera, other than the Canon 550D? If so, if you import that video into the Elements Organizer or the Premiere Elements Editor project, does that video/audio file play back with sound?

If you take the Canon 550D current video audio file into a new project, is there sound?

What is the video card/graphics card that your computer uses?

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Kein Audio
                A.T. Romano Level 7

JB

Also refer to my post 3.

Add On...

I just found a sample video online from your Canon 550 D (otherwise known as T2i) - 1920 x 1080p30 with PCM audio. It playback OK in my Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 7 64 bit.

I will be watching for the details in your next reply to determine if there are any leads in them as to cause and effect.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Kein Audio
                  juergen_adobe Level 1

Files from the camera are played perfectly on the MAC. After transfer to Elements Organizer sound is still perfect. Only after transfer to Premiere Elements 10 there is no sound anymore.As I said, it worked so far perfectly with the same hard/software. ThanksJB

• 6. Re: Kein Audio
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

JB

Thanks for reply.

Are you working in the Timeline or Sceneline workspace of Premiere Elements 10 Mac? Whatever the situation....

Please go to the Sceneline workspace, and look to the Video Filmstrip. Look to the left of the word "Video" to where you should see an speaker icon. Click on the speaker icon. You should then see a vertical slider. Where is the slider set - at the bottom or in the middle somewhere?

ATR

• 7. Re: Kein Audio
                      juergen_adobe Level 1

ATR,

that´s what you normally check immediately. However it doesn´t work.

Thanks for your effort.

JB

• 8. Re: Kein Audio
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

JB

Thanks for the reply.

We cannot take anything for granted so we ask.

What was the answer to my question where I tried to determine if your audio issue is specific to the video from this one footage and one camera?

Also, what was the reply to my inquiry about whether or not the problem is gone if you open a new project?

Also, to avoid any oversights, how are you transferring the video to Premiere Elements 10....Get Media/Files and Folders/ or from Elements Organizer to Premiere Elements Editor?

You wrote

.As I said, it worked so far perfectly with the same hard/software.

It is not now so we need find out what is different with as much information as possible on both sides.

You have mentioned that what you are trying to do now has worked perfectly in the past. Do you have any of the video from that time when all worked?

If so, does that video (from the good time) still import into Premiere Elements 10 with video and audio and no problems?

Thanks for the follow ups. Appreciated.

ATR