3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2015 8:58 AM by Peter Villevoye

Lag issue on iPad Air 2

F2 Level 1

Hi does anyone know if Adobe or Apple have come up with a fix yet for the lag issue when using ink and slide on an iPad Air 2?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Lag issue on iPad Air 2
          F2 Level 1

I find it hard to believe that after all this time there has been no advancement with the issue of using the Ink and Slide on the iPad Air 2. Adobe has a premium product that is designed to work with Apples premium iPad. Soooooooo frustrating and judging by the lack of support from Adobe it is a forgotton cause. 

• 2. Re: Lag issue on iPad Air 2
            lbjessen Level 1

Although Adobe is a big company - it can't afford to forget a large group of paying custommers.

Perhaps it is time to give Adobe a turn in a international magazine for creative tools. This matter and Adobes silence is almost old enough for that!

• 3. Re: Lag issue on iPad Air 2
              Peter Villevoye Adobe Community Professional

This gadget is becoming the priciest collector's item on my shelf, since I'm using an iPad Air 2.

There's this mention on the Adobe Ink & Slide Help page:

Ink & Slide Help | Ink and Slide FAQ

There is a known, intermittent issue with the iPad Air 2, in which Ink stops drawing mid-stroke. After thorough investigation, we suspect the solution will require involvement from Apple, and we are trying to work with them to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

Well, I've seen some updates appearing for the mobile apps (the most recent one being Adobe Sketch on Nov. 3rd), addressing the Apple iPad Pro and the Apple Pencil. But drawing with the Adobe Ink stylus is still seriously interrupted.

Could the Ink & Slide team please push themselves and Apple to release some kind of update to fix this stylus ? Otherwise I'm going to ask for a refund, since I paid $200 for a device I've only been able to use for half a year or so. Or send me an Apple Pencil, which only works on the iPad Pro, but I won't mind receiving one of those for free as well...

I'm reposting this message in all four related discussions.

I know that's not a good practice, but neither is this rip-off.