8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2015 10:25 PM by A.T. Romano

How to join severals premiere elements projects to make one movie?

Fram1956

How to join severals premiere elements projects to make one movie?

• 1. Re: How to join severals premiere elements projects to make one movie?
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Premiere Elements does not allow project combining or importing one project into another

You will need to export your projects to finished files, and then import those files into a new project where you may put all the files on the timeline

• 2. Re: How to join severals premiere elements projects to make one movie?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Fram1956

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

What is the plan for the export? Is this to be two or more movies in the same Timeline of one grand project or just content from each of the several projects combined in one project?

I ask this because stop markers do not function at playback of the Premiere Elements burn to Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc or AVCHD on DVD. So if you were planning on 2 or more movies in a stop marker Blu-ray of AVCHD disc scenario to allow the view selective access to each movie, it is not going to work in Premiere Elements.

As has already been said, you cannot import one project file into another. If you are using a Windows computer, you have 2 choices for transfer content from one Premiere Elements project to another.

1. Export the Timeline of project 1 and import that export into project 2. Several prefer the Lagarith.avi as the choice of file for the transfers. Just keep the import and export settings consistent.

or

2. Use ClipMate in conjunction with Premiere Elements for a copy/paste insert between projects.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: ClipMate Copy/Paste Between Projects

If questions or need clarification, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: How to join severals premiere elements projects to make one movie?
              teddybare

Re Stop Markers:

Would the following work (in PE13) ?

Make project 1 without any markers of any kind and make video file1 of it

Make project 2 without any markers of any kind and make video file2 of it

Make project 3 by importing the above 2 video files

Insert all markers into project 3 as required

Make finished Blue Ray disk.

• 4. Re: How to join severals premiere elements projects to make one movie?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

teddybare

The stop marker - Blu-ray issue exists in all Premiere Elements versions that offer a burn to Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc.

Timeline stop markers in that Blu-ray disc are not recognized by the player. The same situation exist for AVCHD on DVD disc. Timeline stop markers do function only in the DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc playback.

This has been the case (first hand) for me and all others. And, it is also noted in the Adobe documentation.

Have you done this and found otherwise. If so, please give the details and the player(s) involved since this would be a first.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: How to join severals premiere elements projects to make one movie?
                  teddybare Level 1

I am suggesting making a MP4 or AVCHD file of the first two projects, reimporting them into one timeline as 2 clips then burning from that.

If there are stop markers on the first files, would not trimming off the ends of the clips remove any stop markers in the first videos (if any)?

• 6. Re: How to join severals premiere elements projects to make one movie?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

teddybare

In 13/13.1, export to file does not support menus with or without Timeline markers. Any stop markers placed in the Timeline content for the export to file will have no function in the export nor in any project into which the file is imported.

Trimming off the ends of clips has its merit when dealing with transition placement related to creating "handles" for the transitions. That should have nothing to do with stop markers.

And, any stop markers placed in the Timeline content for a burn to Blu-ray disc format on a Blu-ray disc will not function in the playback of that Premiere Elements Blu-ray disc.

If you have a multi movie Premiere Elements project and want to use Timeline stop markers for viewer navigation in the end product, then you are going to have to export your Premiere Elements Timeline content to file and then bring that file into a 3rd party software to get the Movie Menu stop marker Blu-ray situation resolved.

ATR

• 7. Re: How to join severals premiere elements projects to make one movie?
                      teddybare Level 1

How to join several premiere elements projects to make one movie?

In don't think stop markers are an issue here.

As I said I wouldn't add any markers to the first 2 projects to be exported to files

Then I would import these files as clips to a new third project.

I could insert one menu and scene markers in this third clip if needed.

I cant see why I would have to use third party software because I would end up with only one project consisting of 2 clips that was to be burnt to blue ray.

• 8. Re: How to join severals premiere elements projects to make one movie?
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

teddtbare

You wrote

If there are stop markers on the first files, would not trimming off the ends of the clips remove any stop markers in the first videos (if any)?

That gave me the impression that you were involved with stop markers in your projects, and the comment about removing stop markers made me go in the direction of sorting through further details.

If you are not planning on using stop markers in any Premiere Elements burn to Blu-ray or AVCHD, then stop marker Premiere Elements issue as described does not apply.

Mention of 3rd party software intervention does not apply if no need for stop markers in a Blu-ray or AVCHD burn to disc.

ATR