3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2015 7:34 PM by A.T. Romano

I cannot find my saved slideshows?  I have looked under events, shared events, FIND & VIEW - need help fast as I am running out of time - thks

judyb13767975

I am just now using Premiere Elements 13 for the first time.  I have looked at the tutorials and created several slideshows under events & shared events.  After I save them, I want to go in & edit them again & add more photos and I cannot find them.

I have looked under FIND & VIEW & Events & Shared Events & cannot find them.

Where are these projects saved & is there an easy place to save them so I can find them faster?

Thanks,

• 1. Re: I cannot find my saved slideshows?  I have looked under events, shared events, FIND & VIEW - need help fast as I am running out of time - thks
          A.T. Romano Level 7

judyb

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running? And, have you updated Premiere Elements 13 and Elements Organizer 13 to 13.1 using an opened projects Help Menu/Updates? Please do that if not.

For your immediate question....and assuming Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit computer...

The starting point is Elements Organizer 13/13.1 workspace and its Create Menu/Slideshow. Is that where you started from?

After you create your Elements Organizer 13/13.1 Slideshow and want the version of it to use for further edits...

a. You save the slideshow to the Elements Organizer workspace as a Slideshow Project. You do the saving in the Slideshow Builder and its Save option.

b. Only place that you are going to find that saved slideshow is in the Elements Organizer browser workspace. Its thumbnail will have a Slideshow Project icon at the top right of the thumbnail.

I am not sure where you are when you mention details such as

I have looked under FIND & VIEW & Events & Shared Events & cannot find them.

Elements Organizer 13/13.1 Slideshow is drastically different from that in earlier versions so have you confirmed that you are looking at a video tutorial for version 13? Excuse the question but I did not want to take anything for granted.

Please review the above and then we can decide what next and what is possible.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: I cannot find my saved slideshows?  I have looked under events, shared events, FIND & VIEW - need help fast as I am running out of time - thks
            judyb13767975 Level 1

Thank you so much ATR.  I just downloaded Version 13.1 this morning.  I am using Windows 8. 

I am not sure what you mean by Elements Organizer "workspace".  When my application comes up I can choose between Organizer & Video Editor.  I choose Organizer and then beginning working from the menu in bold across the top:  mport, elive, Media, People, Places, Events, Create & Share.  Is that the workspace you are talking about or is there a specific area called workspace? 

I am sorry for my lack of experience using this application, with the tutorials I thought I could do it.

My problem sounds like I am not using the correct "workspace".

• 3. Re: I cannot find my saved slideshows?  I have looked under events, shared events, FIND & VIEW - need help fast as I am running out of time - thks
              A.T. Romano Level 7

judyb

Thanks for the reply.

The following is what I am referring to as the Elements Organizer workspace.

OrgExp.jpg

I have 2 photos selected to go into my slideshow which I will excess under Create/Slideshow. The area where these photos are seen is the area where the saved slideshow (the version that can be edited) will be found after you create the slideshow and save it to the Element Organizer.

When you click on Slideshow, then you will see

OrgTheme.JPG

You pick your theme (or experiment with which one suits your project). After than follow the instructions and also refer to:

Elements Organizer Help | Create slideshows

The important part about saving the slideshow for the re-editing version...

OrgSav.jpg

Please do the mini test runs for the grand project. All will fall into place. Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: I cannot find my saved slideshows?  I have looked under events, shared events, FIND & VIEW - need help fast as I am running out of time - thks
                judyb13767975 Level 1

Thanks again AT.  That is what I have done last night after watching the video on how to do a slideshow.  You made it looked so easy in the tutorial.  I did that just fine, but when I checked under Create this morning I could not find any of my slideshows that I had done.  I wanted to fine tune them, but I could not find them under the Create tab.  So I was frantically looking everywhere because I had literally worked all night on those slide shows.  I searched under the help tab and it said to look under find & view for saved projects.  Still could not find them and that was when I sent my panic plea for help.

I have since been able to find some of them under folders & then projects.  But I am still very confused and would like a simple place to find my slideshows.

I have another question for you.  I am making a 75 year slideshow of my husband’s life.  Since I have so many photos to work with, I have done or am trying to do smaller slideshows for each part of his life  —  growing up, college, military, family, sports etc.  Is there a way I can merge all these together after I finish and create one big slideshow.  I watched a tutorial on creating a DVD on a birthday party and there were different sections.  They had some video but also photos, so I was hoping to merge my mini slideshows into one DVD production.  Is that possible and is there a simple way I can import them all into one event??

Please help as I have to have this done by tomorrow.  If you have time to walk me through this process I would be so appreciative & truly blessed for your help.  If you have time to talk on the phone that  may be more helpful for my very confused brain.

My home # is [removed]

Thanks

Judy

• 5. Re: I cannot find my saved slideshows?  I have looked under events, shared events, FIND & VIEW - need help fast as I am running out of time - thks
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Judy

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like you are making good progress in a very short time.

I am a visitor here like yourself. Just a user with an overactive troubleshooting gene. I can help you in the thread format, not via phone. We can go step by step or at whatever pace you are OK with.

In this new Elements Organizer 13/13.1 Slideshow, the only save I have ever found is to the Elements Organizer workspace where it is accessed as a Slideshow Project. In that Slideshow Project format, the slideshow goes nowhere but the Elements Organizer. And, this Slideshow Project is the only editable form of the slideshow that you create in the Slideshow Builder part of the feature.

The Slideshow Project can escape from the Elements Organizer through Export either as an AVCHD.mp4 1080p or 720p file which can be saved to the computer hard drive location of your choice.  But, the 1080p and 720p cannot be re-edited. But, these are your files that can be taken into a Premiere Elements Editor project with Premiere Elements Editor Add Media/Files and Folders. Another way to get the 1080p or 720p files into Premiere Elements is to save them to the Elements Organizer workspace as well as the hard drive location. Then in the Elements Organizer workspace, right click the 1080p or 720p thumbnail and select Edit with Premiere Elements Editor.

Perhaps practice these routes before you commit time to an full slideshow project.

Also be aware that this is a public forum. Please do not post contact information in the threads to avoid nuisances to your contact information.

We will be watching for your progress as your time permits. Do not hesitate to ask if you have questions or need clarification.

ATR

• 6. Re: I cannot find my saved slideshows?  I have looked under events, shared events, FIND & VIEW - need help fast as I am running out of time - thks
                    judyb13767975 Level 1

Does anyone know how to edit the text (size, color, font & centering) in a slide show?  I am using Elements 13.1.

Thanks

• 7. Re: I cannot find my saved slideshows?  I have looked under events, shared events, FIND & VIEW - need help fast as I am running out of time - thks
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Judy

The text is very much it is what it is for Elements Organizer 13/13.1 Slideshow.

1. Captions. These will be placed automatically and differently depending on what theme you select from what Adobe offers. I see no customization of the text.

You activate Captions ON at the bottom of the Slideshow Builder and then click under your photo and type your text.

2. Text Slides. Click on Add Text Slide at bottom of Slideshow Builder. Slide is placed and have a type field within it. You click in that field and keep typing.

I see no way to change the text font, size.... I tried unsuccessfully to do a copy paste of text from Microsoft Word.

You might want to consider using solely the Premiere Elements Editor for building and creating your slideshow. It is not a quick and automated as the Elements Organizer slideshow. Then you can go with what you want for text options and more using effects and other features of the Editor.

Please refer back to the Adobe document on Elements Organizer 13/13.1 Slideshow.

ATR

Add On...I took it for granted that you were asking about the Elements Organizer 13/13.1 Slideshow. But since you wrote Elements 13 in your latest question, are you still working in the Elements Organizer 13/13.1 Slideshow Builder or have you gone over to using solely the Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Editor for your slideshow?

• 9. Re: I cannot find my saved slideshows?  I have looked under events, shared events, FIND & VIEW - need help fast as I am running out of time - thks
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Judy

Just had an idea.

Did you say if you had Photoshop Elements 13/13.1 along with Premiere Elements 13/13.1.

What about taking your photos for the slideshow into Photoshop Elements Editor and applying your customized text within the photo, save as jpeg, and import that into the Elements Organizer 13/13.1 slideshow with captions off. You could also create your own text slides that way and not use the features Add Text Slide?

Maybe explore and experiment with that idea to determine if the will work for you or not.

ATR