8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2015 4:31 PM by JoeKostoss

Print Size Doesn't Match Image

krawfo Level 1

I processed an image in LR 5 and cropped it to 5x7.  I'm printing on a Canon Pixma Pro-100 and dropped the image opn a 5x7 cell.  Photo border and inner stroke are unchecked.   Rotate to Fit is checked.  The image size shows 6.685 x 4.732.

Screen Shot 2015-07-15 at 3.58.07 PM.png

Any suggestions on why the border is uneven?

Thanks,

• 1. Re: Print Size Doesn't Match Image
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

In the printer properties make sure Boarderless printing is checked. Otherwise the printer has Pre-Defined limits on the print area of any given paper size.

• 2. Re: Print Size Doesn't Match Image
            krawfo Level 1

Hi Bond.  Thanks for taking time to respond.  I changed the properties to borderless and was able to fill the cell.  I then added a 7 pt border and everything looked perfect in the preview.  When I printed the image, the border was uneven on 2 sides?  Any other ideas?

Thanks.

• 3. Re: Print Size Doesn't Match Image
              wobertc Adobe Community Professional

For a single image as your photo shows- I suggest you set the print module "Layout Style" to "Single Image/Contact Sheet".

Then you select you paper size in the "Page Setup", and you will have better control of all the margins and cell size in the "Layout" panel.

• 4. Re: Print Size Doesn't Match Image
                JoeKostoss Level 4

krawfo wrote:

...I changed the properties to borderless and was able to fill the cell.  I then added a 7 pt border and everything looked perfect in the preview.  When I printed the image, the border was uneven on 2 sides?  Any other ideas?

Thanks.

This is normal when printing borderless.  The printer setup expands the image slightly to account for any slight misalignment as the paper is fed through the printer to avoid a thin white line along the edges of the print.  By putting a thin border on the edge, the misalignment of the paper feed will accentuate any differences one side compared to the other.  When printing borderless it is best to not put anything essential near the edges, and that includes thin borders.

• 5. Re: Print Size Doesn't Match Image
                  krawfo Level 1

Thanks again for the help worbtec and Joe .  I was hoping that I wouldn't have to trim anything off the edges after printing.

I set the print module "Layout Style" to "Single Image/Contact Sheet" and gave all edges a .15" border.   As before, everything looked perfect on the screen.  The print had 2 borders of .15" and 2 that were about 2/3 of the size of the others.

• 6. Re: Print Size Doesn't Match Image
                    JoeKostoss Level 4

This is a hardware problem, not LR.  It has to do with the paper feed in the printer.  If the offset is consistent with all prints, you may be able to set the borders different side to side to correct for the paper feed offset.

1 person found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Print Size Doesn't Match Image
                      krawfo Level 1

Joe, your tip worked perfectly.  I just made the bottom and left border 50% larger than the top and right.  Now perfect prints. 

Thanks for your help.

• 8. Re: Print Size Doesn't Match Image
                        JoeKostoss Level 4

Glad to be able to help.